Changing your Youtube content

Malarki

The last couple of weeks I've been really busy with school. That's why I neglected my gaming channel, but it gave me time to think. Is a gaming channel all I want? I came to the conclusion that I want more. I want to make more videos about more serious subjects aimed at a more mature audience. And make my gaming channel my second channel where I occasionally upload. Like once a week.

It made me wonder:
Have you ever changed the content from your channel? For example from gaming to vlogging. Or did you create a second channel like I'm going to do? Why did you do it and how did it turn out for you?

I'm thinking about making a second channel, as soon as I'll move back to my home country, so I have no experience in it yet. But I see no harm in making a second channel, certainly if you want to try out more. If you're fine with keeping both channels up, I would suggest to do that instead of changing your channel now. You have 64 subscribers that have locked on to you for the videos you have now and since you're willing to remain updating the channel, I would keep it as it in and build on both channels. Of course, you can link to each other, mention your other channel in videos and such.
However, if you decide to not keep up with the gaming channel, I would change your channel and keep it at one. In that way, you have already some subscribers to start with (although some may leave, but definitely not all) and you can build from this to a wider/different audience.

The last couple of weeks I've been really busy with school. That's why I neglected my gaming channel, but it gave me time to think. Is a gaming channel all I want? I came to the conclusion that I want more. I want to make more videos about more serious subjects aimed at a more mature audience. And make my gaming channel my second channel where I occasionally upload. Like once a week.

It made me wonder:
Have you ever changed the content from your channel? For example from gaming to vlogging. Or did you create a second channel like I'm going to do? Why did you do it and how did it turn out for you?
Just look at my channel variety and this is a perfect example of how to not get subscribers. I probably only get subscribers for my dog videos, but as you can see I do a little bit of everything. I'm pretty sure this is why I have millions of views with barely over 1k subs, so stick to one theme if you want to build an audience.
crammed.jpg

You should definitely make another channel and maybe tell people on your gaming channel, if they are interested to check out your other one. MAYBE. A drastic change on your channel could confuse viewers, but if you aren't happy with what you are doing by all means change it up. OR you can revamp your channel now, let people know what else they can expect on your channel, and deal with the loss if there is any. If anything it could set you apart from other gamers. That's kind of important.

I took a quick look at your channel, and you have 17 videos and fewer than 100 subs, so I'd say that you can afford to take a full turn and try something that resonates more with you. If you had a huge subscriber base that was expecting very particular content, that may be a different story, but you're in a good position to try new things and see what sticks. So don't start another channel, which may dilute your attention, just start uploading the things you like to make and people who have similar interests as you will probably be happy with that content, too!

Back