Capturing Software

Spoody

I was wondering what capturing software, that you guys use on this site. If you guys want to know I use the Easycap but i get great quality. Also i heard if i get the s-video cable it would make my quality extremely better than ever.

I use fraps, but I'm a PC gamer so it about the best tool available, I've no idea of console recording though if that's what you're after, sometimes I use camtasia for certain games :)

I would say if your computer is super beast then using fraps is ok. But if you computer kinda stuggles keeping your gameplay nice and clean, I would go with a Avermedia Live Gamer HD. Its pretty expensive but about the same price as the other high end capture cards like Elgato. I think the avermedia is awesome because it uses very little of your systems resources when recording. It also has a HDMI (not usb...) pass through so that you can record your xbox. If you need to do a PS3 you have to by and hdmi to dvi cable, and then use a dvi to hdmi converter box to bypass the HDCP that is built in the PS3 due to the blue ray player... Hope this helps.

Back