Can you make videos critical of companies advertising on youtube using their ads?

I'm interested in creating a few videos criticizing several companies that advertise heavily on youtube. I also would like to use their ads in the video, and possible images from their website?

I'm not critical of them for advertising on youtube, I would be pointing out my opinion of why I think these companies are engaged in unethical practices....for profit of course. While I'm showing the images there will be a voiceover explaining my point.

Does youtube check for this when you are uploading this or could this be something that could come back and bite me in the butt for doing this?

I would think this falls under "fair use" BUT I don't want to get a strike against my channel when I'm just getting started.

Would and could youtube/Google hold it against me? because, I'm sure the advertisers would not exactly be happy about my videos.....but they do serve legitimate issues that viewers should be aware of.

I thought I read that if you are effecting a company's profits then you cannot use the footage or images. If this is the case nobody would be able to post anything critical of any corporation that engages in unethical practices for profit.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Back