Camera/Camcorder Advice

BloonStuff

I've recently started making videos again and I'm currently using a Sony Steady Shot Dsc-w610 I think it's called and my iPhone. However I would like to get a better camera or camcorder for making my videos. The kinds of videos I currently make are Vlog type videos.

My budget is somewhere around £500 - £600, though I could maybe push it a little further for the perfect camera.

I was leaning more towards a camcorder (was looking at the Canon LEGRIA HF M52) as I'm pretty happy with my little Sony camera for photo taking, so figured a DSLR wasn't really necessary.

Some features I'd like
A swivel screen, so I can see what I'm filming.
Ability to use an external mic.
HD recording

That's all I can think of, I think I'm forgetting something though. :/

Another thing I have to keep in mind is that because of my disability I can't really hold anything heavy. I found back when I was doing photography I couldn't actually use an DSLR because I couldn't hold it. So I'd prefer something slightly compact. However I'm not sure this would matter so much if I'm going to use a tripod, I don't know.

So yeah, I'm basically camera/camcorder illiterate. So anyone any advice is welcome. :)

Well, A canon Vixia HFR300 worked good for me. And cheap too. It has what you want. the Cons i found was that it'll cost an extra 30 some $ for a better battery. Though

Well, I have a T3i and the video quality is the best you can get for under 500 dollars.

I've recently started making videos again and I'm currently using a Sony Steady Shot Dsc-w610 I think it's called and my iPhone. However I would like to get a better camera or camcorder for making my videos. The kinds of videos I currently make are Vlog type videos.

My budget is somewhere around £500 - £600, though I could maybe push it a little further for the perfect camera.

I was leaning more towards a camcorder (was looking at the Canon LEGRIA HF M52) as I'm pretty happy with my little Sony camera for photo taking, so figured a DSLR wasn't really necessary.

Some features I'd like
A swivel screen, so I can see what I'm filming.
Ability to use an external mic.
HD recording

That's all I can think of, I think I'm forgetting something though. :/

Another thing I have to keep in mind is that because of my disability I can't really hold anything heavy. I found back when I was doing photography I couldn't actually use an DSLR because I couldn't hold it. So I'd prefer something slightly compact. However I'm not sure this would matter so much if I'm going to use a tripod, I don't know.

So yeah, I'm basically camera/camcorder illiterate. So anyone any advice is welcome. :)

t3i and or t4i with external mic and tripod ^^ but alos if you can't hold anything heavy the nikon s9300 is nice and so is the the canon s100 :D

The T4i is the worth the extra money for a small youtuber IMO.

ah rather just buy 1 camera then worry about grabbing a new one when i get big plus. But it all comes to budget ^^, also main poster another swet set of light camera but you would need a comp near buy to check footage is gopro3 black edition 4kp filming durable and light

some sample footage be sure to change it to 1080p

ah rather just buy 1 camera then worry about grabbing a new one when i get big plus. But it all comes to budget ^^, also main poster another swet set of light camera but you would need a comp near buy to check footage is gopro3 black edition 4kp filming durable and light

some sample footage be sure to change it to 1080p
I bought the GoProHero 2 with Wifi for only 200, not a bad deal.

How about a Kodak PlaySport?
Its waterproof, records HD video and I think it also has an external mic input. Perfect for vlogging.

Got 5 out if 5 stars over on ExpertReviews.
Do a search in google for Kodak PlaySport and the review is the second or third result.

DSLR just for filming seems like it would be a waste. If you intend on doing any kind of photography in the future then for sure pick one up.

Like others above, I would recommend the Canon T4i to start out with. It's a decent entry level DSLR that's pretty easy to learn how to start using.

Back