Buying an Ad on Reddit For Your YouTube Channel

Emuhleigh

Loving YTtalk
I want to know if buying an ad on Reddit for your YouTube channel wrong or frowned upon? I thought about trying this but I don't know how people would react to it on Reddit.

I contemplated it but i imagine it wouldnt help to be honest and i think that kind of thing would attract hate

Well actually I bought an ad on Reddit something like 1 month ago. When you do that you need to find the good title and also choosing if targeting 1 category of subreddits or 1 subreddit in particular. Also you will need to choose the budget you want to utilize. Well the results weren't so promising, in fact I received only 2 bad comments and also reddit refunded me the whole amount of money I used because the results weren't so promising. Maybe I did some mistakes, maybe it's because gaming channels don't gather so much love from reddit. You can try because the results may vary!

I've always been scared of Reddit because of the amount of no-filtered commenters they have. Personally I'd avoid it - maybe try to buy a Google ad? That way you can get a lot more for people who are actually /trying/ to search for you.

Yeah the people of reddit are very odd, it seems like if the first comment is good, the rest of the "flock" will follow suit with good comments, and if the first comment is bad the "flock" will bring out the pitch forks... Usually the responses I get from reddit are very negative, to me its like posting in the troll world!

Back