Brief explaination of youtube?

I was in for 6 1/2 years. I was a Communications officer.
Why did you get out? I told myself before I joined I'd do one enlistment. Plus the military life just wasn't for me. I like coming home every night to my own house, girlfriend, and dogs. I wouldn't be able to take 14 more years of being deployed and under military control. Plus I knew that if I was a rock star in the military, I could easily apply my skills as a civi.

Why did you get out? I told myself before I joined I'd do one enlistment. Plus the military life just wasn't for me. I like coming home every night to my own house, girlfriend, and dogs. I wouldn't be able to take 14 more years of being deployed and under military control. Plus I knew that if I was a rock star in the military, I could easily apply my skills as a civi.

My wife and I were both in at the same time (the double housing allowance was quite nice). For the most part, the Air Force was able to keep us stationed together. As we would get up in rank, it would only get harder. We also started having kids and it wasn't going to get any easier with the deployments. Right before we had our first kid, my wife 6 months in Afghanistan, and before she got home I went to Qatar for 6 months. For about a month are deployments overlapped. It would be too hard to do this kids. Outside of deployments I was also on the road a lot for various things. Training class here or a meeting there. Out of our first 7 years of marriage we were together for 3.

We decided to move back home and be closer to family.

Dealing with government bureaucracy isn't fun either.[DOUBLEPOST=1423847679,1423847648][/DOUBLEPOST]
Loving how this post went awall lol

Sorry, we totally hijacked your thread.

My wife and I were both in at the same time (the double housing allowance was quite nice). For the most part, the Air Force was able to keep us stationed together. As we would get up in rank, it would only get harder. We also started having kids and it wasn't going to get any easier with the deployments. Right before we had our first kid, my wife 6 months in Afghanistan, and before she got home I went to Qatar for 6 months. For about a month are deployments overlapped. It would be too hard to do this kids. Outside of deployments I was also on the road a lot for various things. Training class here or a meeting there. Out of our first 7 years of marriage we were together for 3.

We decided to move back home and be closer to family.

Dealing with government bureaucracy isn't fun either.[DOUBLEPOST=1423847679,1423847648][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sorry, we totally hijacked your thread.
I met my girlfriend on my ship. We were in the same division but totally different workcenters, so our chain of command didn't mind because we were the same rank and one person was not in charge of the other. We were friends for a couple years and then on one deployment we hung out in almost every port and had a blast. Finally we got together and got to do our last deployment as a couple. Kind of cool to travel the world together even though there were so many restrictions. We both knew we could do better though, so here we are now as civilian technicians!

Glad to see another veteran in here, I thought I was the only one. Oh and if you look at the video in my signature, that's my girlfriend inflicting the pain on my tongue lol.

I met my girlfriend on my ship. We were in the same division but totally different workcenters, so our chain of command didn't mind because we were the same rank and one person was not in charge of the other. We were friends for a couple years and then on one deployment we hung out in almost every port and had a blast. Finally we got together and got to do our last deployment as a couple. Kind of cool to travel the world together even though there were so many restrictions. We both knew we could do better though, so here we are now as civilian technicians!

Glad to see another veteran in here, I thought I was the only one. Oh and if you look at the video in my signature, that's my girlfriend inflicting the pain on my tongue lol.

Even as civilian techs, do you still deploy with the ship?

Back