Best Video Editing Software

Depends what u wanna use it for?
I find EDIUS extremely convenient for editing. It has much more understandable settings (very often happened to me that I check wrong setting in PremierPro, and after exporting, I realize that I need to do it again!), basic editing is similar as in any other software (placing clips, adding transition effects, control of length, speed, time-keying etc.), however, render and export not just that work faster then in premier, but are very easy to set according to video u used.

Actually, SONY VEGAS could be even more advanced stuff, but, with this u get the job done fast, and saves ur time if later u need to redo somethig.

U can check my latest video, I done it in EDIUS, and I am satisfied so far with its possibility and efficiency.
WARNING: If u r into effects... USE ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS, cause, Edius has very limited effects considering both, video and audio!

not much difference between premire and vegas tbh

but concerning the most powerful... AE, hands down :)

I can't say what is the best but I can share how I got
to where I'm at now.

I was using a free version of Pinnacle Studios that came
with a Dazzle program to snag video from the TV. It was
great for basic editing. But when I bought a new Sony
Camera, Sony HDR-CS160, the Sony camera saved the
digital file to a format that Pinnacle Studios wouldn't
recognized.

I was really ticked off that I had to go buy Sony Vegas
to make it work. Typical Sony, making proprietary stuff.

Anyway, I am very, very pleased with it! I use
Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0

I have no educational background in making videos
and I was able to figure a lot of stuff out or I searched
for tutorials. Picture in Picture is very cool and I like
how easy it was for me to use multiple cameras/footage
to make some pretty fun presentations.

I started with Movie Maker on Windows.
The laptop was a little outdated at the time, and I managed to pick up a MacBook Pro with a heavy discount through work. I hated MAC up until this point but thought I would give it a shot.

Started using iMovie and found it so much easier to create videos of a good quality.
I used iMovie for a year or two, and the poor output quality finally got to me and I caved in.

I tried Final Cut Pro but couldnt get along with it.
Then came Final Cut Pro X. I know many people dont like the new layout etc, but it was more of a natural progression for me, coming from iMovie. I fell in love with it and have been using it ever since.

Everyone loves vegas, looks like I'll have to grab myself a copy. :)

There are a couple options to getting Vegas! you can pay for it, but its cheaper on amazon or something. Or you can find a way to get it for free... just sayin... lol

Back