Best times to upload videos?

Cozzie

So basically i have started up my youtube channel again creating call of duty videos. Now i am getting an average amount of views for the size of my channel (30-40) (70 subs). And i am just wondering what are the best times to upload videos for more exposure. I already post on reddit and twitter and facebook etc. But from research i heard that there are certain times to upload for that exposure gain and i just want to know if anyone here knows when? I live in australia so can you please let me know what timezone you are stating so i can convert it :)

There isn't really a 'best time' to upload videos. It all depends on your audience. If you appeal to kids, upload when most your kid demographic gets back from school. If you have mostly a young adult audience, at night before midnight is one of the better times to upload, since that's when a lot of them will stay up to watch YouTube. You can check your analytics on YouTube. Find out where most of your audience is from and you can work it out from there.

There isn't really a 'best time' to upload videos. It all depends on your audience. If you appeal to kids, upload when most your kid demographic gets back from school. If you have mostly a young adult audience, at night before midnight is one of the better times to upload, since that's when a lot of them will stay up to watch YouTube. You can check your analytics on YouTube. Find out where most of your audience is from and you can work it out from there.

So basically just upload at the time that appeals for the certain audience that i am trying to entertain? so like for teenagers upload at like 6-7 at night so they can watch it after they get back from all there after school activities and stuff?

Take a look at your real time analytics. This will show you your view count by the hour. You should notice a "wave" of views as more people watch at certain times of the day than at other times. This should be fairly consistent every day. Try to publish your videos at the time when the wave is on the way up. This will maximise your views.

So basically i have started up my youtube channel again creating call of duty videos. Now i am getting an average amount of views for the size of my channel (30-40) (70 subs). And i am just wondering what are the best times to upload videos for more exposure. I already post on reddit and twitter and facebook etc. But from research i heard that there are certain times to upload for that exposure gain and i just want to know if anyone here knows when? I live in australia so can you please let me know what timezone you are stating so i can convert it :)

One of Tubebuddy's features is that it shows the best time to upload for your channel. Don't know if it's a free or paid feature but it might be worth looking into that. If you don't want to go that route it might be worth experimenting with different times to see which one works best. If you know your target audience (you should do) think about when they'll most likely be on YouTube watching videos.

Back