BEST SETTINGS FOR RECORDING FACECAMS AND LET'S PLAYS!!!

Mister Bear

YTT's Parody Making Bear!
Hey everybody!!! :D

I use FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker to record my gaming videos. Now, since FRAPS can record the sound from the game as well, I suggest that you check that box, and uncheck the box for recording your mic. Personally, I can't afford a microphone, so I simply use the one built in to my Windows 8. Since the output from the game is usually louder than your voice, you might want to boost your voice and the quality of it. You can do this by going into options in Windows Movie Maker, clicking "Audio and Video". Then clicking the "Settings" button under the microphone selector. Go to the "Recording" tab, and you should see the mic you are using. Try speaking into it, and see how the bar next to it reacts. Then. double click on the mic you are using. Click "Levels", and pull each of the controls to maximum. Next, click the "Advanced" tab, and set your quality to the highest level (for me it's 2 Channel, 24 Bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality). Click "Apply", and then press okay. Try saying the same thing you said before, and you will notice that the green goes a lot higher in the bar now. Your voice has now been raised! When you edit the two clips together, your voice and the game output should be able to balance each other.

Enjoy!

Back