Best free video editor

maud de laat

Hi everyone!

I am new at youtube.. or being new in making videos for youtube, but I don't know what a good video editor is!
I now use Movie maker but I don't know if that is a good one for youtube?

Can anyone help me please?

xx
Maud

When it comes to video especially you can have good or cheap. The two virtually never come together.

Having said that, DaVinci Resolve 12 Lite is pretty decent (excellent for grading, found the NLE a bit clunky) and is free, though it has certain limitations on resolutions and things that would stop it being used on a more professional project.

Like @NerdDigestive said, you can either have good or cheap. Since you're just starting out, it's ok to go with cheap (in my opinion). See how you like having a channel for a month or two and then try to upgrade as you grow.

Well, I started using video-pad editor and it was free at first for like the first project then you have to buy it. Guess what? I did buy it because after using it for a short time I realized how much infinitely better it was compared to my previous FREE editor windows movie maker. definitely worth the buy and it is simple and easy to use

If you have access to a macbook I definitely recommend iMovie :) Easy, fast, free and you can do pretty much every basic stuff with it

Back