Basic YouTuber Guide Part - 2

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Part - 1

"Hello. My name is Inigo YouTuba. You liked my video. Prepare to subscribe!"

Last time, we covered getting started with your YouTube channel, and offered some minor tips in keeping it going. In this part, we will be going over your title, description, and tags [as they are a key component in a successful YouTube channel.] Before we start, let's touch on the subject of our YouTube desire. What drives you to want to make videos? If the sole purpose is to make money, I'll just say I wish you luck in that endeavor because you'll need it.

So, we have a channel, we have some minor branding images, a catchy name, and even a few videos. Now that our videos have been uploaded, let's dive into the meat of this topic, and get down to it. First, we'll be discussing your tags, as they are most important. Learning out to properly tag a video may seem a bit daunting at first, though the reality is that it's actually quite simply. One thing that may assist you is to go to your Channel Settings, and locate the "Default" tab. In the space provided, go ahead and place general tags that would describe your channel, and your videos in a broad way to get the covered [you can add more when you actually upload a video.]

Keep the tags keyed with your video, and utilize them from greatest to least. For example, if you were doing a Minecraft gameplay, "Minecraft" would be your first tag [as it would be the first word in your title as well.] This helps with the algorithm that's used to connect what your video is about, to a certain topic that is being searched! Speaking of titles, it would be in one's favor to make one that peeks interest, and begs to be clicked [your title and tags will also play a part in your description, keep that in mind.]

When making a description, keep in mind that the first three-four lines are going to be seen on nearly all devices first, before they have to click "show more" in order to read the remaining description. Utilizing this knowledge, you should have those lines talk about what is in the video, and maybe a link or two [we'll cover social media, and marketing in the final chapter!]

These guides are very basic, and just here to give a people an idea of what they can do when starting a channel. I'm in no way, shape, or form saying that I'm the best at anything. However, I don't mind offering any advice to anyone. Be sure to ask me, or even use Google to find out keywords to use for your videos, or search to better understand something!

Part - 3 Continued Here! [Will edit once part 3 is posted.]

Back