I recently tried uploading a video to YouTube. It was the English opening to Neon Genesis Evangelion (with English credits and theme). The English version of A Cruel Angel's Thesis was fan-made and the English version of the show was from MyAnimeStream (which is why it had its watermark). When I uploaded the video, I went to check why it wasn't showing up in my uploads. I saw that it was blocked worldwide and Content ID claimed by a distributor and broadcaster of anime called Bandai Channel, which is a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings. I am honestly scared because if I file a dispute, I risk termination of my channel which I am just getting started with. Not to mention, I gave credit to GAINAX and Sony Entertainment JP in the description of the video. I don't know how to reach out to any of them, so, I am asking you guys, as a fellow, smaller YouTuber, to help me out with this issue. Please?

If you're clearly using their content outside of fair use, then they do have the right to claim the videos and have them removed from your channel. Giving credit in the description will not relieve you of legal wrongdoing if you were truly using their content without permission. If this is the case, then your best bet is to let them take the videos down and in the future, you either look for expressed permission or you create different content. Best of luck.

Back