Anyone submitting for P4A 2013?

sammydeedge

Awkward Geek Extraordinaire
As I imagine you guys are aware, Project for Awesome 2013 is just around the corner (Dec 17 + 18). In case you guys don't know, Project for Awesome is a charity drive run by Hank and John Green. Viewers can submit videos talking about the charity they wish to represent. Then other viewers can vote for videos, with the top 10 videos netting their respective charities a piece of the charity pie! (I was planning to put a link here but it won't let me so for more details go to projectforawseome.com)

So since this is the first year I realised this was not merely for the youtube elite (and the first year that I realised that "nerdfighters" weren't some exclusive underground super-geek club), I'm getting involved. I'll be supporting Beyond Blue, an Australian depression/anxiety charity.
So are you guys getting involved? And who will you represent?

i wont be as it would be completely for selfish reasons and thats not what its about,just being honest.

i wont be as it would be completely for selfish reasons and thats not what its about,just being honest.
Well I love the idea of P4A, though I won't be doing it for selfish reasons. Having said that, I don't think its really that bad to do something good like this if you have somewhat selfish motivations. Eg If I can't get a job in the next week or so, I'm planning on volunteering at a opp shop (ie Thrift shop Goodwill etc.). Sure I do so to get experience to get a part time job later on, and I will likely quit volunteering if a job or school gets back in. And for bonus points its kind of selfish that I do this to feel I have purpose and feel better about myself in this less than stellar period in my life. But ultimately, if I choose to volunteer my time, I think it's a bit unfair to argue against my motivations being less than holistically virtuous.

Back