Anyone have info on Browse Features?

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Analytics : Traffic Sources
I see a lot of discussion on YT "search" or "suggested" but not as much on "browse features"

I used to think "suggested" is the main source where the bulk of views come from. Because when I had growth spurts I was receiving most of my views from suggested through other youtubers' popular videos. And technically "suggested" is where I currently have the highest view count. But lately most of my suggested views are actually coming from my own videos. The majority of my views are not originating from "suggested" anymore. Instead, most of my views have been originating from "Browse Features". And from "browse features" the viewers watch more of my other videos giving me a higher suggested count.

anyways I don't see much info when I google "browse features". I assume browse home is the YT customized homepage everyone has. where they suggest videos to users. And I hope this means yt finally notices that my channel exists and is connecting my videos to more users. Would be great to know more about it.

For example there are a lot of ideas and assumptions on how to show up in "search" and "suggested". Not so much on "browse". I think we all would appreciate anyone's input if they have any idea what YT looks for when it comes to "browse".

From my understanding (I could be wrong). Browse features depend heavily on the individual person's viewing habit and from that, YouTube suggests stuff in the home page. So its not something you can control specifically. There's a chance that your other videos to get recommended in the homepage even if that person has only seen 1 of your video and not even subscribed.

But the more they've seen your stuff, the higher the chance you would be in the homepage. Also works if that person watches similar types of channels like yours and IF that person is subscribed to you, more chances to be on homepage.

Though currently because of the algorithm change, some people are getting less views from it apparently. You're one of the lucky ones if you got more out of the change especially if your change happened within the last 2-3 weeks. ^^

From my understanding (I could be wrong). Browse features depend heavily on the individual person's viewing habit and from that, YouTube suggests stuff in the home page. So its not something you can control specifically. There's a chance that your other videos to get recommended in the homepage even if that person has only seen 1 of your video and not even subscribed.

But the more they've seen your stuff, the higher the chance you would be in the homepage. Also works if that person watches similar types of channels like yours and IF that person is subscribed to you, more chances to be on homepage.

Though currently because of the algorithm change, some people are getting less views from it apparently. You're one of the lucky ones if you got more out of the change especially if your change happened within the last 2-3 weeks. ^^

im not sure how much of a factor it is for a user to have seen any of my videos for me to show up in browse. i say that because my browse has increased almost exponentially. more than the rate my videos are usually viewed. also when i look at my browse home right now, i see a bunch of videos recommended from channels i have never visited. but their video content is similar to what i was watching recently. a lot of "bill burr" videos (fan anyone?)

would be nice if there were some tips in keepign the "brwose traffic" up., im assuming its to keep making content similar to what yt is promoting on your channel.

oh yeah mine started going up two weeks ago. maybe its from that.

From what I understood from the YT brand managers is that how your video is watched in the first 24 hours will decide how much it will promote your video on home and suggested. Retention (%) and amount of subscribers checking your video (with good % retention) are the most critical for them. Of course it's not the whole picture but it's a very important one.

Back