AFTER EFFECTS HELP!! ;)

Skax Design

VFX, GFX and Digital Art
Hello, im really gettin annoyed at the moment, ive not really done much in affter effects with 3D space so anyone that could help me that would be great :D

So, basically I want to create to intersecting planes, so if you looked down from the top you would see a cross and if you looked directly from the side you would see a square with a line down the middle. this is because i would like to make my 2D image kinda look 3D by creating a duplicate and intersecting the other. But when I make a new camera the camera moves both layers and i have tryed precomposing and putting a separate camera in each comp but it still moves both layers... Is there a way of linking a camera to only one layer or is what im trying to do not possible?

Thank You :)

Well the problem I think you're having is that the camera is what is moving around, not the layers. When you move the camera around in the 3D space it moves around your intersecting layers, as if you were rotating around an object and looking with your eyes, the object is still, but your body is moving. If you want to move the individual layers you would have to just edit the layer itself. It's hard to explain without visuals, I'm sorry, hope this helps a little bit. :)

Well the problem I think you're having is that the camera is what is moving around, not the layers. When you move the camera around in the 3D space it moves around your intersecting layers, as if you were rotating around an object and looking with your eyes, the object is still, but your body is moving. If you want to move the individual layers you would have to just edit the layer itself. It's hard to explain without visuals, I'm sorry, hope this helps a little bit. :)
Okay thank you :D

Back