Advice for a non-profit exotic animal sanctuary

exoticanimaltalks

Hey guys im new to the forum and just stumped. We recently hired a camera crew and editor to film on site at our zoo. The cost is quite a burden especially since we are a nonprofit but figured if we made some good videos the buzz generated from them would work its self out. Any how I think we are making some great videos but just cant seem to get it out to the people and get any interaction on our yt page. Im am feeling really helpless at the moment. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well apparently I cant post my videos or channel to seek advice. This sucks

Have you linked it to other sites? You know your zoos website, Facebook and stuff. Also try to get the staff to share the videos with other people as well :).

Hey guys im new to the forum and just stumped. We recently hired a camera crew and editor to film on site at our zoo. The cost is quite a burden especially since we are a nonprofit but figured if we made some good videos the buzz generated from them would work its self out. Any how I think we are making some great videos but just cant seem to get it out to the people and get any interaction on our yt page. Im am feeling really helpless at the moment. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well apparently I cant post my videos or channel to seek advice. This sucks
Your channel is posted in a small box below your thread post.
Other than that you aren't really allowed to promote your channel.

You can ask for reviews and advice on how to gain more publicity towards your channel. Personally, I would keep making videos and spreading them to everyone you know. Maybe going on zoo websites or forums and spread the word there as well? The best thing you can do to grow your channel right now is networking. Email, text, facebook, etc. everyone you know (or any animal lovers you know) and ask them to check your channel. But it's all up to you, this is just my opinion.

Other than that, your channel looks great, and I subscribed! :D

Good luck with your channel and I hope to see more great videos. :up:

Yes we link it to our facebook fan page and have staff being as active as possible. We film edit and post new content daily. if you see out yt channel you will see daily post and they are all shot that very day and posted the same evening. I even reached out to multiple other youtube pages and fan pages with similar niches and even offered to pay for colabs but no one replies. Its starting to make me feel like my content is weak

We have:
lion and weenie dogs that live and eat together
a dancing bear
and our talking exotic animal series we are launching.

I would think content like this would have more of an impact or at least appeal to more people. Its sad too cause everything we do is for the animals

Have you linked it to other sites? You know your zoos website, Facebook and stuff. Also try to get the staff to share the videos with other people as well :).
[DOUBLEPOST=1368136628,1368136454][/DOUBLEPOST]Ty you Lucas for the advice and subscription. I now see my channel, was not sure if that was only viewable to me. hahahaha damn noobs :)'
Please give me your input on if you have a second
Doggie dentist for a lion
a dancing bear
talking exotic animal series

These are the new direction we are going in. But definitely still putting awareness and exotic animal education out daily

Your channel is posted in a small box below your thread post.
Other than that you aren't really allowed to promote your channel.

You can ask for reviews and advice on how to gain more publicity towards your channel. Personally, I would keep making videos and spreading them to everyone you know. Maybe going on zoo websites or forums and spread the word there as well? The best thing you can do to grow your channel right now is networking. Email, text, facebook, etc. everyone you know (or any animal lovers you know) and ask them to check your channel. But it's all up to you, this is just my opinion.

Other than that, your channel looks great, and I subscribed! :D

Good luck with your channel and I hope to see more great videos. :up:

Yes we link it to our facebook fan page and have staff being as active as possible. We film edit and post new content daily. if you see out yt channel you will see daily post and they are all shot that very day and posted the same evening. I even reached out to multiple other youtube pages and fan pages with similar niches and even offered to pay for colabs but no one replies. Its starting to make me feel like my content is weak

We have:
lion and weenie dogs that live and eat together
a dancing bear
and our talking exotic animal series we are launching.

I would think content like this would have more of an impact or at least appeal to more people. Its sad too cause everything we do is for the animals
Well you don't have to pay for collabs you just have to be more involved in the community. Just find someone about the same size as you and offer a collab :). If you are already doing that then there is not too much you can do. With being a small channel you just have to grow. Plus there are a bunch of animal channels as well. Its just not one of the more popular ones. You just have to keep posting and hope for the best. Also maybe cut back on posting everyday. Maybe do like a video every other day so you can fit a little more into the videos :). Maybe do like special segments and stuff.

we definitely have longer segments and even a daily hour long show we stream online at 6pm central every day. Im finding it hard to even get replies for colabs. I cant even count the number of animal channels I contacted without a single reply

Well you don't have to pay for collabs you just have to be more involved in the community. Just find someone about the same size as you and offer a collab :). If you are already doing that then there is not too much you can do. With being a small channel you just have to grow. Plus there are a bunch of animal channels as well. Its just not one of the more popular ones. You just have to keep posting and hope for the best. Also maybe cut back on posting everyday. Maybe do like a video every other day so you can fit a little more into the videos :). Maybe do like special segments and stuff.

I'd fire the crew and get someone who works for volunteer there to film. Then start a series of stories with the animals so people will want to follow their progression. This isn't TV, no one is expecting perfection. Back to the originally question, start commenting on every pet lover forum and pet loving YouTube channels out there. Follow pet lovers and animal rights activist on twitter and facebook.

Back