Advertising For Smarties and Bewbs.

Who you think has it easier in terms of gaining an audience?

• Gamers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beauty Channels

• Male Beauty Channels [Does this exist?]

• Tech Channel

• Review Channel

• Total voters
I've seen plenty of gamers who don't need the facecam to get popular. I think it only works with horror games to be honest and it also blocks some important aspects of the screen. Also most people have to have a presentable face if they want to be on facecam... I know it's cruel to say but it's true. Nobody wants to see kid covered in acne (just an example) screaming to Slenderman. If you have a nice voice, but not a nice face people imagine what you're like and take it to their own fantasies. (Ex: Chaoticmonki, DAMN those fangirls are all over the place.) Also about the caption part, it only works for montages. Nobody I mean nobody does this because it's NOT just a "bit" of work. It's like fansubbing an anime you have to get timing of the captions just right, how long you want them to stay there, how much of your sentence you want to put in one line, and etc. Sure it works for montages because it's usually a 5 minute video, but a majority of people don't want to put captions on because if you're watching a video you probably don't want to read text at the bottom just to understand this guy! Instead of captions how about suggesting a clear radio voice that everyone understands?

I've seen plenty of gamers who don't need the facecam to get popular. I think it only works with horror games to be honest and it also blocks some important aspects of the screen. Also most people have to have a presentable face if they want to be on facecam... I know it's cruel to say but it's true. Nobody wants to see kid covered in acne (just an example) screaming to Slenderman. If you have a nice voice, but not a nice face people imagine what you're like and take it to their own fantasies. (Ex: Chaoticmonki, DAMN those fangirls are all over the place.) Also about the caption part, it only works for montages. Nobody I mean nobody does this because it's NOT just a "bit" of work. It's like fansubbing an anime you have to get timing of the captions just right, how long you want them to stay there, how much of your sentence you want to put in one line, and etc. Sure it works for montages because it's usually a 5 minute video, but a majority of people don't want to put captions on because if you're watching a video you probably don't want to read text at the bottom just to understand this guy! Instead of captions how about suggesting a clear radio voice that everyone understands?

well some people prefer different things, i will add your opinion to the main post.

You missed off your biased poll 'hot man with nice face and/or body but nothing to talk about' (yes, there are MANY large male Tubers who are crap but popular with the fangirls)

Yeah I agree... I know so many guys who are my friends on YouTube and yes they are funny (slightly) but if you were a fangirl scrolling through YouTube, would you be more likely to click on the ugly guy who's funny? Or the cute guy who is sort of funny (or not funny at all)?

Yeah I agree... I know so many guys who are my friends on YouTube and yes they are funny (slightly) but if you were a fangirl scrolling through YouTube, would you be more likely to click on the ugly guy who's funny? Or the cute guy who is sort of funny (or not funny at all)?

The ugly guy just based on the fact that all of the greatest comedians aren't the best looking people in the eyes of society, it's kinda like because they don't have that going for them they actually have to be good at what they do

The ugly guy just based on the fact that all of the greatest comedians aren't the best looking people in the eyes of society, it's kinda like because they don't have that going for them they actually have to be good at what they do

But Youtube consists of a lot of fangirls and they would choose the hot guy :-/

Back