YouTubers with Mental Illnesses, How do you do it?!

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I've been wanting to get back into this since about December. But ever since then, I just can't bring myself to post or record. I got a calendar to be more organized and am looking at videos of how other people plan and THOUGHT I understood how to go about it and really wanted to make a Valentines Day video, but I feel like I'm in quicksand right now. And it's not that I don't want to create or I don't enjoy it, it's just my brain just being like dthdrohiejhpoeigheopgiher. You know? I just wanna get my booty in gear and make something of myself- I'd be happy with a handful of people that weren't friends or family liking my stuff. Even just 3 people. I'm not looking for riches. I just want to entertain. I'm so stucccckckkkkskioguihsgpoishgspo[itgh. HALP.

Any advice on how you organize yourself to get stuff done? Any routines that have helped? Strategies? ANYTHING?

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Do whatever you have fun with and don't stress yourself. I dropped or selved games because I lost the fun for it. I don't really plan by exact days but how I feel. Honestly I'm still working on a routine and a schedule.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Any advice on how you organize yourself to get stuff done? Any routines that have helped? Strategies? ANYTHING?
Writing down on paper.
Old fashion way.
Making work in the given order not easy or hard first.

And by giving myself some breaks from time to time.
They pay off well the "lost hours" in time :) ;)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
some ideas.
don't procrastinate
make a start - no matter how small
put calendar in bin.. its just an excuse to put off what you could be doing now
balance your work, play, family etc in more equal quantities
Run, Gym
put alcohol / caffeine in bin
replace above with somethin healthy

some of what works for me anyway :)

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
some ideas.
don't procrastinate
make a start - no matter how small
put calendar in bin.. its just an excuse to put off what you could be doing now
balance your work, play, family etc in more equal quantities
Run, Gym
put alcohol / caffeine in bin
replace above with somethin healthy

some of what works for me anyway :)
Woah woah woah Extra. You went too far with the coffee and alcohol fam. Say something about weed too and then we beefin lol(Not actually I disagree but I still agree that your point is valid lol)

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Say something about weed too and then we beefin lol
haha. to this day i have no idea at all where peoples even buy that stuff from. Its in none of the shops i've ever been in.

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get in spaces that sound almost exactly like you described a lot!! I feel like the hardest part is always the kick off, but then when you're not in the right headspace/not feelin' it anything that you do after the kick off can feel so forced and unauthentic that it just pushes you deeper into the quicksand... Maybe try to start small, get a feel for it, but don't push anything - just a little bit of brainstorming, some planning, you know? Over time you can work it back to a place that feels natural before you dive in completely or you'll begin to resent yourself/the work you're doing.
I always like to fit everything into a general routine that I know works for me so that I'm not encouraged to procrastinate or put one thing off to get another thing done in time because I have everything structured already and I know it works, but that can be hard to achieve too because life just can't always be structured.
It's one thing to understand how other people do things, it's one thing to want to do something... but it's another thing to actually have the capability to do it. Just remember that it's not your fault - everyone works differently and everyone experiences down periods in mental health and productivity and all that jazz - and focus getting yourself out of the funk that you're in in a way that works for you.
Oh and side note, because I struggle with this: don't stress yourself out over making something entertaining!! You are a unique, interesting person as you are and your content will represent that no matter what - don't add more pressure than you need to add or it'll just bring you & your motivation down like you've gone from slowing sinking in quicksand to being dropped from a plane into the depths of the sea haha

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Honestly, Im not even sure how I make it through my day-to-day life at this point, let alone a specific hobby.
I guess I just kinda do it and get lucky that I don't die along the way

Reactions: PhysicsFreak101

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The biggest thing for me is to not only make a list of the things I need to do, but to also put them on Google Calendar with an estimated time element attached to them. There's something about adding a time element to my to-do list that makes all the difference for me!

Sometimes the biggest hurtle is to just get started. I tend to set the timer for a designated amount of time when I need to do stuff I'm not too excited about. The ticking-countdown noise makes me get moving lol. Once I get started, it's easier for me to continue on. =)