YouTubers with Lost Desire & Motivation + Frustration

TechSquizz

Our mission is to be the Ultimate Tech Channel!
I'm sick of seeing people / threads from Youtubers saying they have lost the desire and motivation to upload and ultimately feel frustrated because of a lack of Subs and Views.

I think its down to people seeing others producing big view counts and thinking its easy. So they start off with a random idea to make it big with only a few uploads. But it doesn't just happen. You cant wonder through the dark and expect to make it through a maze and get the cheese at the end!

If you have one simple thing when you start out it will make things so much easier! SET A GOAL FOR YOUR CHANNEL! What is your channels mission? People that have goals in life are more likely to be successful in life and achieve things and then reset their goals to achieve more again. I know people that I went to school with that are brighter than me but yet they are working at supermarkets still and never filled their potential because they had no goals. When I look at my life I see when I set goals I achieved them and I'm sure you have too. But hey I'm no expert I only have 25 subs myself at this point in time. LOL

Make sure your channel is something your passionate about too. I know of a Doctor that specialized in certain area and now hates it but its what he knows. Everyday is a Monday for him! And I have a mate that wanted to do up an old car but didnt pay the extra to get the one he really wanted so now the car sits there for the last 5 years not touched. Make sure its something your passionate about.

Structured Plan is needed to help with consistency. One thing I've noticed is consistency is throughout the succeful YouTube channels. A defined planned structure will help improve the consistency and will be devised from your Channels goals.

We started a month ago and after 3 weeks we had just reached 10 subs (I ceebrated with a beer with Jai!). As of 2 days ago we had just hit 20 and now we have added another 5 in the last 2 days and look to hit 30 in the next few days I guess. With more new videos coming this Tuesday we think we will hit 50 by Xmas and may hit 100 by NYE. When we hit 1000 subs we are going to have a party!!! LOL.
It is hard starting off and new YouTubers are not imagining it. If it were easy then everyone would have 1 million subs. Its hard and I like it that way because you feel like your earning the respect to get people to sub to you. It forces you make good content. Our latest video took us from 13 subs to 25 in 3 days. And the videos we upload this Tuesday should see another spike. But we don't put it down to luck. We post our videos here and ask for feedback and every time we get that feedback we judge what is indeed true and relevant to our channels goals and implement it. We strive to make that next video better than the last and continue the process over and over again. Our latest video is pretty good and I'm not one to ever acknowledge or brag but its pretty decent and shows our potential. But we believe we can improve again and we will!
I love uploading that fresh video and waiting to see what people say and what the analytics show. Every good company evolves and continually improves its no different with the bottom fish like us or the top dogs like LinusTechTips.
You have to make goals and targets and set out to achieve them! You wont be a success over night on YouTube but if you have the goals in place and the attitude and keep chipping away at it every day, then one day you will stop and say damn I've done alright here. And its a good way to think about life too. Have a look at our profile. We aim to be the Ultimate Tech Channel. That doesn't mean we are arrogant its just a clear goal we have set out. It also doesnt say we want to be the best and thats it! We want to be the ultimate and not stop there but continue to evolve.
We started with another channel and worked out a few production techniques and then started this one. I wish we kept the other channel because its now at 125 subs and would have been a nice head start. but so be it. We believe in our system in place ill get us there. Which brings me back to your goal. You need to work it out and then work out what the direct path is to the goal and how you will do it and why it will work in detail. I've explained it simply but its basically a business plan with a mission statement etc.

Another thing I heard is you need to invest in yourself at least 5 percent every year for things like training and equipment (in Life). Also read, read, read, read a ton of books and even all the resources on YTtalk! For example I knew nothing about cameras 2 years ago, now I believe I could give some Media Uni students a run for there money. And all I did was read books and saved up for a DSLR and shot photos and video every day till I get my head around it all.

I just had to say this because I too once a upon a time had lost the desire, passion and was really really frustrated. It was because I didn't have a clear goal for my channel and myself in life and thus didn't know what needed to be done and where my energy was best spent to as efficient as possible.

Sorry if its a bit of a rant but I believe it does have some merrit.

Also check out a book called "Why People Fail!". Its a good easy read and goes into depth on what I briefly discussed here and will help not only your Youtube Channel but your life!

Feel free to hammer me on giving advice with only 25 subs lol! And my grammar!!

Most of the time I don't make a video is because i'm either really sick or busy with school/work

Since I got a week off I just have been making video after video and scheduling them for every Saturday (Thank god I am doing this)

The whole lack of motivation is stupid because most of the time people say that is because they want the big YouTube money or whatever
They don't like making videos or content all they care about is money.

Youtube is not a big source of income.

So people should stop trying to treat it as such.

Unless you are pewdiepie or someone of that caliber

Yep that's true!

Its just a hobby and for us we have made $1.20 so far in a month LOL. But if you don't like the process of making videos then whats the point. For us being apart of YouTube tick so many boxes for us. We love to help others, we love to think we can entertain. We love being around new technology. But most of all we love the thrill of making a video and uploading it to YouTube. For us this is our dream and we are living it. But at the same time we want to be the ultimate tech channel and love the challenge it brings.

Also for us it we have found having a YouTube Channel has improved us as human beings. We are pushing our limits and forcing ourselves to better ourselves in many ways.

It's easier to feel defeated and shut up shop. I look at the videos I make and few subs, then look at all the new you tubers starting gaming channels and seemingly getting a lot of subs and views quickly.

I must admit I have thoughts of why am I doing what I'm doing when gamers seem so popular.

But I don't want to be a lets player. I make videos of my opinions and I promised myself when I joined here to make a video every week from dec 1st 2015 to dec 31st 2016.

My motivation comes from that goal and the reality that I have a voice and I can connect with others like me.

Great post! I think it's so easy to lose motivation if your only goal is to "produce content," because who honestly has a passion for content? You have to want to speak to people, or play the best games, or have a ton of fun, or have a real interest in video or acting or commentary or whatever.

I think you're absolutely right that a good number of people think that YouTube = easy money for no work. Shooting, editing, and uploading videos can be an easy activity once in a while, but with a regular schedule, it becomes really challenging, for sure. It's the same for just about any endeavor; the first few times you do anything aren't going to determine how well you ultimately do...it's the next 1,000 times you do it.

Great post! I think it's so easy to lose motivation if your only goal is to "produce content," because who honestly has a passion for content? You have to want to speak to people, or play the best games, or have a ton of fun, or have a real interest in video or acting or commentary or whatever.

I think you're absolutely right that a good number of people think that YouTube = easy money for no work. Shooting, editing, and uploading videos can be an easy activity once in a while, but with a regular schedule, it becomes really challenging, for sure. It's the same for just about any endeavor; the first few times you do anything aren't going to determine how well you ultimately do...it's the next 1,000 times you do it.
Bang on there!

Great post. :thumbsup2: If you have neither a goal nor a real passion for what you're producing then you can only be motivated by views and if they're not coming... well. Basically, that's what happened to me in 2013 and I quit but I learned a lot from it! I'm back now with a schedule and more fun than ever. Initially I was frustrated because I received even less views than in 2013 but then it picked up speed and I got my 100th sub today :biggrin:

A good informative post. In all fairness, I'm only not consistent because I needed to get my head around other things, such as exams, coursework etc. Now that I have the feel of what this year is like in business, I should be a bit more consistent, despite the fact that this year was my most active year.

I didn't really touch on time and making room for youtube as a hobby/side project. But adding a structured plan set out to achieve your goals certainly allows you to know how much time you can spend per day and week with what ever else is going on in your life.[DOUBLEPOST=1450565422,1450565211][/DOUBLEPOST]

Id actually say its harder to make money from youtube than doing a business degree and then owning and running a business. Like its very very hwrd way to make a buck!

Right on Xingcat

I didn't really touch on time and making room for youtube as a hobby/side project. But adding a structured plan set out to achieve your goals certainly allows you to know how much time you can spend per day and week with what ever else is going on in your life.[DOUBLEPOST=1450565422,1450565211][/DOUBLEPOST]
Id actually say its harder to make money from youtube than doing a business degree and then owning and running a business. Like its very very hwrd way to make a buck!

Right on Xingcat

Exactly, which is why I don't know why I never got into a proper schedule. I believe after knowing a bit more about time management, I want to see how I cope in a schedule and see how I do.

Back