Youtubers that also work full time in a completely unrelated job?

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It can be really tricky, we both work 40+ hours a week and our videos take on average between 8- 20 hours to make so for us to meet our aim of upload once every two weeks it has a big impact on the amount of time we can spend doing anything else!

Been trying to get through Fall Out 4 but its hard when you have no time! Plus that new season of House Of Cards that we are barely getting through.

I was wondering how other youtubers find this- how do you get the right balance and still manage to grow your channel?
Are there any benefits to working full time in an unrelated job?

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I work as a Human resources administrative assistant, I pretty much have a set 40 hour a week schedule minus when I'm needed to stay extra, few and far a part. My time doesn't really restrain. I don't really see my job beneficial to what I personally do other than organization skills I use and the legal work I deal with. But those are skills I came into the job with. Though I do use my time while I'm working to attempt to work on my voice and when I'm not rushed I work on what I plan on doing next. my co-workers know I'm crazy...

Reactions: TwoTakes

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Work 30 hours and full time student and upload daily. Tbh being a gaming channel helps a lot since it is so easy. I have been growing fast and just started averaging 500 views a day channel wide, si I wish I could put more effort in the vids. School is my top priority ATM tho.

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I might be starting a job that pays me a full yearly salary and I only have to work the 4 Summer months each year. I'll be pretty much set for life after that

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I work 40 hours a week.
I go to school full time (enrolled in more than full time this term actually, at like 24 units).
I do YouTube about 20 hours a week.

Idk how I still have a gf, let alone sleep.

MightyBrows

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I help to run a company, so I am always working haha.

I get my videos done by planning my shooting around what ever else I am doing and then enshrining 2 hours on a Sunday for editing.

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I work 40 hours a week.
I go to school full time (enrolled in more than full time this term actually, at like 24 units).
I do YouTube about 20 hours a week.

Idk how I still have a gf, let alone sleep.
Wow- that's impressive!! How do you get time to do full time studies and 40 job? Never-mind the channel haha![DOUBLEPOST=1460128221,1460128132][/DOUBLEPOST]
I help to run a company, so I am always working haha.

I get my videos done by planning my shooting around what ever else I am doing and then enshrining 2 hours on a Sunday for editing.
It is planning meticulously that can be the most important factor, I'd say.

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow- that's impressive!! How do you get time to do full time studies and 40 job? Never-mind the channel haha!
Dude I have no fricken clue sometimes, LOL.

I really don't. I look at my schedule and I'm going non-stop from 6:30 AM util around 10:30 PM.