YouTube will be having more ads for music soon

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I read an article that YouTube will be having more ads if you watch music videos so that the copyright owners will get more money if they claim a video with their content in it and to also force people to pay for YouTube Red. To me this whole thing is silly because ad blockers exist. Does Google not understand they are advertising Ad Blockers inside of their chrome store? Maybe if they somehow disabled ad blockers on YouTube they would wouldn't have to have more ads. What are your thoughts?

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
That and ad blockers regularly updating the lists make these extra ads irrelevant. That and if Google and Apple start pushing the blockers off their stores, the extensions will be on external sites just like FB Purity for Facebook is.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I read an article that YouTube will be having more ads if you watch music videos so that the copyright owners will get more money if they claim a video with their content in it and to also force people to pay for YouTube Red. To me this whole thing is silly because ad blockers exist. Does Google not understand they are advertising Ad Blockers inside of their chrome store? Maybe if they somehow disabled ad blockers on YouTube they would wouldn't have to have more ads. What are your thoughts?
There's also the fact that they are taking forever to bring YouTube Red to the UK and other countries, I'd be willing to pay for that to avoid ads but still support creators. That way they'd get more money than from ads, and I wouldn't have to spend as much time watching ads.

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
But how many people are willing to pay for Red when they can just get an ad blocker at no cost and occasionally give their favorite creators some Patreon/Twitch/Hatreon/etc a little bit of donation money and/or buy some merchandise from them?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That and ad blockers regularly updating the lists make these extra ads irrelevant. That and if Google and Apple start pushing the blockers off their stores, the extensions will be on external sites just like FB Purity for Facebook is.
not if youtube blocked the ad blockers. Ever thought of the fact YouTube could embed the ads in the regular youtube videos as you upload?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
not if youtube blocked the ad blockers
maybe it is easier to ask chrome browser to indicate if an ad blocker is active and kill those views in views count on the viewed video.
I mean it is easier to know the problem (ad blocker) and just blacklist users rather than chasing ghosts and sites through the whole web?
"dear partner you got zip as long as xx% of your viewers used software to prohibit ads on your videos, here is the list."
Once again it is easier for Youtube to push the creators to Red or to fight ad-blockers rather than YT taking real measures?

EDIT on a second thought it is constant evolution. Who knows...