YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
My analytics say Facebook messenger sends the most views (I usually send a message to my friends when I post a video)

Twitter sends the most people who comment and sub.

Instagram sends the occasional view.

Haven't used many other places to promote, yet.

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

Andreassandström

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My analytics say Facebook messenger sends the most views (I usually send a message to my friends when I post a video)

How do you formulate these messages on messenger? What would you do not to make it spammy?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: NickDodd

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
How do you formulate these messages on messenger? What would you do not to make it spammy?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Usually I only send to friends/close acquaintances that I think would actually be interested in the particular video...

They usually look something like this:

Hey I just posted a new video: Office tour http-someyoutubelink

Or

Hey you should check out my new video, I'm really working on my editing skills!! Video title - Http-some link

Usually I cater each message to who I'm sending it to, but always have the video title before the link ( some apps show a preview of the link and some don't so I err on the side of they don't and always have the title)

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
When I first started I majorly spammed on Pinterest lol I would look up similar posts/recipes to what I did and say "if you're interested to see a tutorial on this visit my channel.." and it WORKED I had a lot of views and subs...........but then I got reported and they suspended my pinterest account :( I know spamming is looked down on, but I was hitting the right people and exactly the types of recipes I was doing, oh well was fun while it lasted. I haven't had much luck with other social media channels.
What I never understood is, how do you get reported "spam" if you are contributing to the posts? Esp if its related content.

Very hard to promote when like no websites really allow it. Sheesh :(

christielaw19

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first started I majorly spammed on Pinterest lol I would look up similar posts/recipes to what I did and say "if you're interested to see a tutorial on this visit my channel.." and it WORKED I had a lot of views and subs...........but then I got reported and they suspended my pinterest account :( I know spamming is looked down on, but I was hitting the right people and exactly the types of recipes I was doing, oh well was fun while it lasted. I haven't had much luck with other social media channels.

That's so awesome that Pinterest was a huge help for you! Totally not awesome about them suspending your account ):
Would you still recommend using Pinterest as a channel building method? Also do you have any of your own personal tips on how to use Pinterest to grow with youtube?
Also, I just saw your channel and I HAVE to subscribe, the halloween decorated strawberries are way too cute! I need to learn how to bake like that!!!

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As for me, now the communities are very helpful in this regard. This is the perfect tool for a new video to get the maximum number of targeted views after publication. And if everything is located correctly, the title is chosen qualitatively - then the likelihood that the video will fall on similar ones is very high, and it will be good to type views.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use a FB page for my channel and get good results from that. I post a lot of pics and comments, not just YT links - FB seems to prefer that. I will make 4 or 5 posts, then promote a vid. I get a good response. I also share my channel page post to my personal timeline. I have an IG page but don't use it enough to see any results. IG and Twitter just seem like truncated versions of FB to me... guess I am finally old ha ha

What I never understood is, how do you get reported "spam" if you are contributing to the posts? Esp if its related content.

Very hard to promote when like no websites really allow it. Sheesh :(
Depends on how many other posts you make. If a majority of your posts are links to your channel, many people see that as spam (even if it is a good channel). They want active members, not just people advertising their channel.

My analytics say Messenger is a big one for me too... and I have never shared a vid on Messenger. I wonder who is? I would like to thank them ha ha. :coolshades:

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I used to use Facebook but I recently just started using Instagram and it has helped grow my channel tremendously! I buy a 1 say $1 promotion and that gives me around 20 extra views in the first hour, which for a super small channel, that is a huge increase

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Native videos have more reach and will also be larger in size and auto-play. If you have dead videos on YouTube that aren't generating any income, you might as well repurpose them on Facebook as a native video and create a call to action button to watch on YouTube at the end of the video.
Can you explain what this is?? Native videos??? And what is a call to action button?? ‍♀♀♀♀

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you explain what this is?? Native videos??? And what is a call to action button?? ‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀
Idk why my emoji came out like that... lol it was the “idk” emoji....

But, I did research this call to action just now and it seems like it’s just for business pages... not regular profiles......?