Youtube Video FPS. Is it necessary?

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Been watching quite a few videos lately and most of them are in the 60fps group.

Is it really necessary or worth it to record and upload HD (1080p or 720p) videos in 60fps? Is the rendering time and file size really worth it?

I want to hear your opinions on this.

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on your computer and internet.
I run all of mine on 30 FPS and it runs the same as any other video. I guess it's just preference.

Reactions: Anjim

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
It depends on your computer and internet.
I run all of mine on 30 FPS and it runs the same as any other video. I guess it's just preference.
Most youtubers record their videos in 60fps. I wonder if it's really worth it. I kinda like it for League of Legends and movies/reality videos but for most videos, it doesn't really have much of a big difference.

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have a great computer that can record in 60 fps with 1080p quality potential then it's probably better to do that than 30 fps.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Meh if your internet speed and PC can do it why not? I don't see why you wouldn't put it in the highest quality possible if you're able to do it.

Reactions: Tuurngait Gaming

oPunkin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I generally just use 30 fps. Not really sure why

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
For gaming videos and the like, where you're playing higher end and better looking games, then 60fps does make a difference, and is nice to have.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Honestly even if you are playing those kinds of games it's definitely not necessary, I rarely notice the difference between 60fps or non-60fps unless I actually check what resolution the video is playing at and see 60fps mentioned. However if it doesn't cause you any extra hassle, then you may as well upload in 60fps.

Reactions: Kira.Yamaguchi

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
IMO for gaming videos you should use 60FPS, because games have no motion blur, and it's what people are seeing while gaming, so 60FPS makes some real positive difference

for real life recorded stuff it's unnecessary, because people are used to 24/25/30FPS from TV and motion blur exists, which makes your brain think, the video is smoother, than it is