Youtube 'Stabilise' option demo - really very good

MaxxUK

Reaction score
Wasn't sure the best forum to post this but here goes (please feel free to move)

I'd heard Youtube had added a Stabilise option to it's video editing section but didn't think it would compete with the filters I use in standard video editing software ... but I gave it a go ... and it's actuall BETTER and much, much quicker.

I chose to try it on the most demanding of videos, an onboard Kart video. They are very stiffly sprung and the track was very bumpy. The source video was almost unwatchable.

Anywway here is the demo video which shows side-by-side, one after the other and 'transparent' merge of the before and after video.

I have since found out that the reason it's so good is that Google bought 'Green Parrot Pictures' last year who developed professional enhancement filters, including a very good stabiliser.

Maxx

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks like they done a very good job there, thanks for sharing this with us :)

Nitro

Icarus
Reaction score
This is the first I heard of this option. I can actually put this to good use then (have a bunch of videos with jerky filming).

Seuss

The original mouse.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the shakiness of the camera.... but still useful!...

Kespey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I didn't know that ! Useful !

ManiaCrafters

Self Confessed Game-aholic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I've had this on a few of my video's, weird to be honest, because its a Minecraft video, it's 100% unshaky, how can it be? XD