YouTube shorts to promote other channels

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
other channels? like me creating shorts to promote your channel? Or me using a short channel to promote my main channel?

Personally - this is all new territory so no one really has the answer yet.
Mr Beast has a 2nd channel for his shorts

Legal Eagles and Jordan Harrod uses their respective main channel to upload full duration videos and shorts

I think shorts are useful but I also don't know how many people who watch shorts, also want to watch long form content. My zoomer friends consider a 2 min video to be pretty long. They used to consider anything over 7 seconds to be long back in vine days.

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've seen some people have great success with shorts but then generally see that no ones watches their main content.

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah, I think it is a good idea. Even if it only directs 1 or 2 people to your channel a week, that's 1 or 2 people to your channel a week that you otherwise wouldn't have. You also don't have to put a WHOLE lot of time into shorts, which is really nice.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
no but I would say there's probably less than 20 - 24 "active users" that I interact with on a weekly bases. I thought about making a page about it but it would have to be updated to often to be useful