YOUTUBE REVIEW CHANNELS! Good or Bad for the community?

thejoelwilliamsphere

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently a few youtube review channels have come to my attention that have experienced an insane amount of growth - im talking 400,000 subs in 4 months!

Some of these channels post a 2-5 videos a day, every single day of the week on popular trending topics so its no wonder they receive the amount of exposure they do. However, there is a big problem with this I find.

Reaction channels are stupidly simple, further they break a lot of youtube's community guidelines by showing the whole video and offering little to no additional entertainment to the video.

Maybe its just me, but seeing people earn money off other peoples hard earned work is quite infuriating and something needs to be done about it.

What are your thoughts? Are react channels bad or good for the community?

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I personally don't like react channels. I don't think they're original at all and require close to no effort. However, this is a free world, so we can't do nothing about it. As long as they respect the copyright, there's nothing illegal about it.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The obvious answer is - it depends. If they give credit, don't give away all content of a video and add enough of their own then they are a good thing for the community. If on the other hand they are basically just showing other peoples videos they are about the worst and should be treated as what they are - copycats.

KDM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well there are some good react channels, not something for me, but I respect channels as fine bros, they make reacts with some content.
commentary channels is also a kind of react when they review videos, buts that is what i watch most.
But if they just put it down in the corner and basically just gets money for other peoples stuff, its a bad thing for the community 8))

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think they matter too much, in the long run. They'll get big for a while, but I wonder how long it'll last? If everyone is reacting to something, who is making the stuff they're reacting to?

I also wonder how long they're going to be able to hold onto "fair use," considering many of the reaction channels I've seen often use the entirety of the videos they're reacting to and don't add much in the way of commentary.

Malarki

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with react channels who show parts of the video, but I really dislike people like Jinx(I believe he actually stopped reacting), who show the entire video. Why should I still go to the actual creators channel when I've already seen the entire video on his channel? I really think it's unfair and I would be really tempted to copyright strike the person who stole my content. I hope YouTube takes some action against them.