Youtube mistakenly found copyrighted content on my video?

RonnieThePotato

Reaction score
I'm a new youtube and I just posted a video. I used some music in it (Hungarian Dance, which isn't copyrighted) And youtube told me that there is copyrighted content in it. When I click on it, it says It contains a different song. It says It plays at a certain time in my video, so I go to that part and it's just a part of Hungarian dance. I didn't get a strike or anything, because I guess I'm free to use this music unless I monetize it (it says something like that) Is there a way I can get rid of this copyright claim?

EDIT: I checked out the music that I apparently put in my video, Its an orchestra of Hungarian Dance. So I guess they made their own video of them preforming Hungarian dance and put a copyright claim on their *performance*, but they can't copyright claim the actual song. So is there anything I can do to remove this copyright claim in my video?

Last edited:

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If the video isn't copyright you can dispute it.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can appeal to YT and if you are int he right they should get rid of the claim. It may take awhile but it's the only way to get rid of it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If the music you used is the recording of that actual orchestra who is making the claim, then yes; they own the copyright to the audio you used in the video, and are perfectly correct in claiming via Content ID.

A composition may be in the Public Domain due to the expiry of the composers copyright; however, any arrangement and performance of such a musical composition has its own copyright which is separate from the composition copyright.

RonnieThePotato

Reaction score
I sent a dispute, and I just got the response today, they released their copyright claim. Thanks for the help!