Youtube Is forcing me to monetize videos that I don't own

Skymedia

Reaction score
I woke up today to find that major number of videos in my channel have been "enabled to monetize with ads" which i don't want to because they're not mine, and i only shared them for informational purposes. When i edit the video to uncheck "Monetize my video with advertising" box and then save, it comes back automatically right after i refresh the page. Please help i don't want to get copyright strike for something i have not done.uncheck.JPG orange.JPG uncheck.JPG

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
You shouldn't be uploading videos you don't own at all.. "informational purposes" isn't really a valid reason to upload someone else's content..

On why it's being monetized, if you're linked to an MCN, they could be claiming the videos on your behalf.

Skymedia

Reaction score
These content aren't owned by content creators, they are junk i collected from facebook and other sources, the only reason i got this is because someone else uploaded it before me and is monetizing it, so youtube thinks the first uploader is the content owner. Any case i'm not affiliated with any network and i don't know what is happening. But, what happens if i leave it alone with orange sing in it?

LeszekEl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nothing happens when you leave with orange (yellow actually) sign, they will be not monetizing for you. Only green dolar mark mean You earning money from video. You can check this in analytics anyway...

Reactions: Skymedia

Skymedia

Reaction score
Yeah, i've been monitoring it for the last week and nothing out of ordinary happened. It seems all is well. Thanks for taking time to reply.