Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube does need to keep growing and today's day and age means a lot of people are put off by a lot of things creators say and do, so it's easy to ignore video's but it might be off putting for a lot of people.

also comments on video's, they can be terrible and off putting, a creator who gets thousands of comments on hundreds of video's can't keep up so most just ignore the comments and let them ride, a youtube hero could clean this up and help the creators channel.

There's a lot more viewers then there are creators so viewers are very important, otherwise we wouldn't have an audience.
it's like a forum, one trick forum owners do is to promote regular posters to moderator, this helps keeps a forum ticking with it being moderated and to keep those high volume visitors on the forum.

Same with youtube, there would be a lot of viewers that would enjoy playing a bigger part in youtube other then just watching video's, so allowing them to be moderators is a good way to keep them viewing by allowing them to have influence in content.

It will probably make these people view a lot more video's, even yours.

The higher levels don't seem like they are easy to reach, it's not as if just anyone will have full privileges.
multiple flagging looks like it's only possible after training, doing workshops etc.

Youtube are a lot smarter then people give them credit for, they see patterns that affect a year or more ahead, their only interest is to keep youtube #1 so they obviously see this as an important step to do so.

Say if youtube sees that in 1 years time viewers are going to drop by 50%
that means 50% less views, 50% less subs, 50% less income for you!
so I think anything youtube do to improve the site and keep it #1 is in everyones interest.

wasn't long ago that youtube red was going to kill everyones income, and all the big youtubers put up video's complaining about it, people just don't like change and most of those video's were only put up because they were taking advantage of a hot topic for their own monetization, youtube red has not affected revenue, pewdiepie still makes a million a month, I still earn a free pizza every week and lately things have gone up a lot for me and i'm sure for others, it's all good so get out there and create something.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Eeek! =S Well...I see mostly bad, but some good, in this idea... x_x On the one hand, I don't think they should open the moderator doors to everyone. Some people shouldn't be a mod. =S People need to have to take and pass a common sense test or an interview or something before they are given flagging powers. =/ However, I see why YouTube thinks this is a good idea. There is a lot of abuse that happens on YouTube, and if they find the right people, it could help.

Just the other day I ran into several videos promoting illegal torrenting and stuff. >.> The "Report" button didn't give any options that I felt were appropriate for me to use, so I just reported the video links to the product owners. If I had a flag button, I would have used it instead. ^^

Reactions: Crown

Haight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This has to be the worst idea ever. It's so open to abuse it's ridiculous.

It seems that everyone agrees:

I ready about this last night when it was rolled out and immediately disliked the video. I have a feeling the trolls will come out in full force. I am worried about other small channels who will get absolutely blindsided by these trolls. Once again I feel like youtube is out of touch with its content creators.

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a HORRIBLE idea. I absolutely am disgusted by the Mass Report feature. I love my personal channel, and I understand my content isn't the best for all age groups, so I wouldn't even care if I got fully demonetized and age restricted.. but getting Mass flagged by some little troll? See ya. My end goal is to get an audience and be able to hold it wherever I go, so if YouTube gets beat by another platform.. I'm gone. I didn't care so much about YouTube's last announcement, but this is just silly..

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I ready about this last night when it was rolled out and immediately disliked the video. I have a feeling the trolls will come out in full force. I am worried about other small channels who will get absolutely blindsided by these trolls. Once again I feel like youtube is out of touch with its content creators.

Yeah one of those dislikes is mine too. I think all channels regardless of size would be exposed to abuse from this. It's very telling YT stopped taking comments on that video. I don't think I've seen a backlash like this since they tried to shove Google+ down our throats. I wonder if Bob and his tank will be making a return in the comments anytime soon. ^^

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I do think it's a good idea in principle, but because of how many people on the platform, it's going to be borderline impossible to maintain without trolls crawling out of every corner.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did read in the YouTube help article that YouTube makes the final decision. So perhaps if people are just mass flagging videos claiming they don't like it or reporting false stuff YouTube won't actually delete it??? I would hope not but then again this is YouTube we are talking about.
I guess that will put much more strain to the youtube staff, which maybe makes it harder to talk to them, and maybe even some of the false flagging will fall through and terminate someones channel!