YouTube glitches; unsubbing, notifications, feeds & more! Affecting thousands including myself.

MegaCrasher

Insane Pokemon YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone. So I don't often post about issues as I generally do my best to rise above and keep positive for myself and the community but there have been issues with YouTube as of late. I know that with that statement, it's a "thank you captain obvious" sort of statement but it's got to a point where i need to speak out and say what's on my mind and say what needs to be said. I'm going to do my best to remain professional about it but excuse me if I get a bit hot here as this is something that means a ton to me especially given YouTube is one of very few things in life that I have and am actually good at. Also please take what i have to say with a pinch of salt as this is from my own experience but I'm sure with what I'm going to say, others will agree or see where I'm coming from.

So on with the issues. There is the ad boycott in which advertising companies have pulled their ads from YouTube and cost a lot of YouTubers lots of potential ad revenue. This doesn’t affect me per se as I have an outside job but this still is a big issue that cannot be ignored at all! We also have had to deal with glitches that unsubscribe you from channels automatically where they actually did not unsub themselves, you have the glitches that affect notifications of uploads where the subscribers of the respective channels do not get notified, you have the glitches that affect the sub boxes and sub feeds and not properly showcase the uploads to the viewers, the algorithms disfavoring the smaller YouTubers, and even glitches that have TERMINATED channels without warning! Now I have been a part of the YouTube community for many years (10 to be exact and 2 as an actual content creator) and never have I seen the amount of issues back then as we are seeing now. These issue are hurting so many smaller channels, thousands if not millions of us are being affected. People including several of my friends have quit YouTube for similar reasons that affected their passion for YouTube and it's like no one flinched about it, and it's a damn shame because these people were some of the most quality YouTubers I've personally ever seen!

The unsub glitch is an easy one to grasp; people upload videos and shortly thereafter, they lose subscribers. People like ComedyShortsGaming, Keemstar, Scarce and many others have shown and proved that there are these issues going around affecting us and youTube responded and handled the situation horribly. They turned around and said that they can CONFIRM that there is no glitch when there was proof of it being a prominent issue in the community. Even now, there are those like myself who upload videos and start losing subscribers for no reason. I have been personally unsubbed from channels where I did not actually unsubscribe from them. Just one of many chestnuts to pile on top of things here.

The notification glitch; this is where your videos DO NOT get sent out to the subscribers as notifications to let them know of when the YouTuber uploaded the video. I did an experiment for my community to ask them to "like and comment" on a video IF they got a notification. Out of the 3000+ subscribers I had back then, only a small fraction responded, showcasing once again the issue of the notification glitch also being an issue even still to the day. Notifications are important for YouTubers; both creators and viewers alike. It's important for me to know who is getting these notifications and even if they are getting them as I upload multiple videos daily for my friends/fans in the community as I aim to inspire and entertain them with a variety of content. The sub boxes and feeds go hand to hand with this topic here as they all have to do with notifying the viewers in some way shape and form as to when the creator uploads their videos next.

Now on to the algorithms; the algorithms have been tweaked and tweaked in a bad way for us smaller YouTubers. There are YouTubers that are much smaller more than there are larger ones, I think that much is obvious. I have also thought of YouTube as a platform of opportunity, a platform where EVERYONE gets an equal chance and footing to grow. Hell, when I was struggling to grow, my videos were getting views and there was traction. This was back when I had less than 1000 subscribers. The view to subscriber ratio was pretty good but nowadays, it’s more of a struggle for videos to get views these days due to the algorithms disfavoring the smaller YouTubers over the larger ones as they are more recognized and the smaller ones are swept under the rug and ignored. This also has to do if a smaller YouTuber has an issue or complaint to YouTube and they don’t get any clarification on it or their issues are also blatantly ignored. I have had that experience myself. They need to pay attention to the smaller YouTubers as well as the larger ones but it’s becoming very apparent that they only care about those that bring in the money.

Now, onto the last issue I have noticed and been informed of; TERMINATION OF YOUTUBE CHANNELS OVER A GLITCH! Sorry for the caps but excuse me?! So these glitches have gone this far to cause channels to be terminated without warning. There was no warnings, no strikes, nothing! Just an outright termination! I’ve got 2 friends who lost their channels over this glitch where they did not receive a strike or violate any terms on YouTube. One is Christian Maracle who lost his channel February 3rd, 2017 and he had nearly 70,000 subscribers! He was completely heartbroken and broke down crying on camera. This made me furious with sadness, pity and anger. The other one is my friend breyden aka Tempelz who was nearing the 10,000 subscribers mark and during the WWE Royal Rumble of this year (January 29th, 2017). He lost his channel in similar fashion where he got terminated. There have been testimonies of others losing their channels over this glitch as well.

So, I hope you can see where I am coming from and maybe even grant some clarification on these issues or even help support the fight to reclaim YouTube to what it used to be. All I want to do is inspire and entertain those who come across my videos but it’s hard to inspire and entertain if people aren’t able to watch my videos and not just my videos, but thousands of others who are affected like me. If you agree with any of this and want to support the fight, have had these issues yourself or similar issues or know of others who have been affected, feedback is very much appreciated. Much love to you all for taking the time to read this. Thank you!

- Corey

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
youtube is really buggy atm, hopefully they fix this and the fact that only wix website development is being advertised, not that high of ad rate, i can sense a big bounce back though, it's exposing the big youtubers reasons for uploading.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
YT definitely has bugs and issues but two things...

The unsub glitch is an easy one to grasp; people upload videos and shortly thereafter, they lose subscribers.
This makes sense. People get reminded they're subbed to somebody and decide they don't wanna be, or simply don't like the video and unsub. It's all hearsay still as far as I've seen, people claim to have evidence when there's none either way.

I did an experiment for my community to ask them to "like and comment" on a video IF they got a notification. Out of the 3000+ subscribers I had back then, only a small fraction responded, showcasing once again the issue of the notification glitch also being an issue even still to the day.
That's like the worst test ever. Of course the vast majority of people won't comment, and a lot of people ignore their notifications altogether. You have no control whatsoever.

As for algorithms, I doubt people will ever be happy about them, and they're too complex for me to address in this drive-by comment.

The YT ad boycott thing has spiraled out of control and it's now the scapegoat for anybody having any sorts of revenue issues. I still haven't seen any decent data that it's had a large effect outside of the usual spring wane that comes with CPM. It definitely had an effect no doubt, but people are exaggerating the effect a ton because they want to have something specific to blame.

MegaCrasher

Insane Pokemon YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YT definitely has bugs and issues but two things...

This makes sense. People get reminded they're subbed to somebody and decide they don't wanna be, or simply don't like the video and unsub. It's all hearsay still as far as I've seen, people claim to have evidence when there's none either way.

That's like the worst test ever. Of course the vast majority of people won't comment, and a lot of people ignore their notifications altogether. You have no control whatsoever.

As for algorithms, I doubt people will ever be happy about them, and they're too complex for me to address in this drive-by comment.

The YT ad boycott thing has spiraled out of control and it's now the scapegoat for anybody having any sorts of revenue issues. I still haven't seen any decent data that it's had a large effect outside of the usual spring wane that comes with CPM. It definitely had an effect no doubt, but people are exaggerating the effect a ton because they want to have something specific to blame.
I've had people themselves tell me they unsubbed when they didn't physically unsub themselves, I've had unsubbed people I've been subbed to for a while due to the glitch where I didn't actually unsub them myself. CSG shown him losing subs the moment he uploaded a video, others have showcased similar evidence to further back up the claim.

It was a test that still gave an idea as to how many actually got the notification as i have also had people comment saying they DID NOT get a notification to the video.

Back in 2015 even, there wasn't as much trouble, if not any at all when it came to the algorithms. i've got people that can also attest to it as well.

As for revenue on YouTube, I will reiterate what i said earlier in a paraphrase; I do not care about the money as money is not the issue. I don't do this for money but more importantly, i do this to inspire and entertain and that is it. That is literally all i want out of this. if I had a fair share of dislikes or negative comments that resulted in loss, then that would be a given but considering the likelihood of that happening is abysmal due to the nature of my content, then what else could it be? I thought it was something i did but given i was given no feedback and my research has turned up nothing questionable, myself and some friends of mine came to a tentative conclusion that it has to do with the glitches. I know that "blaming it on the glitches" is easy to do and seems like a cliches but when your results turn up nothing else other then that as an answer, it's pretty obvious at that point.