• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

BobbyBuckets

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been making Youtube videos for about a month and a half and gotten some pretty good growth in my channel, and have also watched a lot of other people's videos to try to get ideas for how to make my channel more successful. One thing that I see a lot (especially with mobile gamers) is the face cam, where they record their face while they play the game. I was wondering if there is any specific reason people do this, aside from maybe having a very expressive face that makes your videos more entertaining? I honestly don't really see much of a need for it, since people are watching my videos to see gaming content, not my face. I was wondering what other gamers thought of it and whether or not you guys think it's useful?

Arena525

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't see any need for it, then don't do it. Some high end Youtubers don't do it either (See Yogscast). I think it's just something that personal opinion. I used to do it but it's just a lot of hassle to set up and sync etc. I like to see it as the "old" way of doing Youtube videos, with just your voice, rather than the "new" way of doing videos with a webcam.

LIVTLIFE FITNESS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have a gaming channel and i don't watch that many but.. just in my humble opinion i say yes to it.
If you just show gameplay, that is ok of course, the video is about that but the face cam gives something 'extra' to watch.
You can switch your view from the video itself,the gameplay to the face cam back and forth.
I think it keeps interest longer because there is even more to see.
Like you said, face expressions can also be that extra.

Everybody has an opinion and prefer different styles, this was just mine.
Good luck and good to hear your channel is growing!!

BackToTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you don't see any need for it, then don't do it. Some high end Youtubers don't do it either (See Yogscast). I think it's just something that personal opinion. I used to do it but it's just a lot of hassle to set up and sync etc. I like to see it as the "old" way of doing Youtube videos, with just your voice, rather than the "new" way of doing videos with a webcam.
Face cams are becoming like the new standard in the YouTube community! I feel like if you have more editing and put more effort into your videos, such as adding the face cam! It's different and people like it.. It also adds a sense of personality to your channel and puts a face on your brand, instead of just a voice.

Reactions: Cevman

Cevman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Facecams add personalization to your channel, and gives a face to a name. Your face is your brand, so depending whether or not you're comfortable showing your face, I believe in the long-term it is helpful.

But it is different for every channel...for lets play/gameplays I don't do facecam....for competitive games like MOBA's I like to facecam

Reactions: BackToTech

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think its useful, not for me atleast. If you really feel like you can add something by showing your face then I'd advise it to anyone, if you play horror games etc, then I'd also advise it, but in other cases I do not see the need for it!

Wiscrack

Reaction score
Its up to you if you like face cam or not, I prefer doing it without as I tried few videos with it and since I dont have some good one they turned out to be potato cam videos.