YouTube friends?

Elizabeth Prior

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So, would someone please tell me what the deal is with YouTube friends? Are they completely removing them and changing to subscribers only? Help!

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I wouldn't know, I have no youtube friends. I am a lone ranger and I ride the youtube highway on my crotch rocket of solitude.
--- merged: Apr 27, 2012 3:45 AM ---
And by crotch rocket I don't mean a motorcycle, I mean the rocket attached to my crotch.

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I never really saw the point of YouTube friends to be honest.... most websites just have the option of "following" someone and thats basically their "friend" feature. For example, on Facebook being someones "friend" means that you will see what they post on your feed. On DeviantART "watching" someone means you will see what they post on your feed. On YouTube, subscribing to someone means.... you will see what they post on your feed.

I dont really see why a "friend" seperate from "subscription" option is nessisary.

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
people would just spam youtube friends so I think they'll just take them down. I think it was originally used to show who were your actual youtube friends rather then people u subscribed to.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are they ridding of contacts too? I understand they have already converted friends to contacts but are they going too? Personally I only see contacts as a way for people to mass message people on their contact list, other than that I dont think they serve much of a purpose.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
They are not getting rid of youtube friends they just changed them to to contacts so you'll have to get the persons channel name and then go to your address book and add them there. Its an extra step to make it not so easy as it was before.

Reactions: Michael