Youtube Facts, Figures and things to look forward to...

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Hey there everyone, its me again.... and I've decided to post again, starting with a little facts and figures guide about YouTube. It'll tell you current facts and figures to do with youtube, and also might make you feel a little better about the possibilities of things that you could get involved with on youtube... :) It's a meaty article, but it should make you think more about the possibilities of becoming big on YouTube have become that bit easier :)

YouTube Traffic
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years.
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US.
- YouTube is localized in 39 countries across 54 languages.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views.
- In 2011, there were almost 140 for every person on Earth.

Youtube Partner Program
- Created in 2007, the YouTube partner program now has 30,000+ partners from 27 countries around the world.
- YouTube pays out millions of dollars a year to partners.
- Hundreds of partners are making six figures a year.
- Partner revenue has more than doubled for four years in a row.

Making Money from YouTube
- YouTube is monetizing over 3 billion video views per week globally.
- 98 of AdAge's Top 100 advertisers have run campaigns on YouTube and the Google Display Network.
- Hundreds of advertisers are using TrueView in-stream and 60% of our in-stream ads are now skippable.

Youtube Product Metrics
- YouTube has more HD content than any other online video site.
- There are thousands of full-length movies on YouTube.
- 10% of YouTube's videos are available in HD.
- YouTube mobile gets over 600 million views a day.
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011.
- The YouTube player is embedded across tens of millions of websites.

Content ID
Youtube created the technology to detect uploaded videos that infringe copyright in 2007. Content ID technology creates an ID File for copyrighted audio and video material, and stores it in a database. When a video is uploaded, it is checked against the database, and flags the video as a copyright violation if a match is found. When this occurs, the content owner has the choice of blocking the video and making it un-viewable, tracking the viewing statistics of the video, or adding advertisements to the video.
- Content ID scans over 100 years of video every day.
- More than 3,000 partners use Content ID, including every major US network broadcaster, movie studio and record label.
- There are more than 8 million reference files (over 500,000 hours of material) in YouTube's Content ID database. That number has doubled in the last year.
- Over a third of YouTube's total monetized views come from Content ID.
- More than 120 million videos have been claimed by Content ID.

Social
The rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social networks has accelerated the growth of YouTube as it enables discovery and sharing of online videos.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook.
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc...) every week.
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average.
- There are 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
- Millions of subscriptions to YouTube happen each day. (Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you're interested in - whether it's a friend, or the NBA - and keep up on their activity on the site).
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community.
- Millions of videos are favourited every day.

I hope this article/facts guide to YouTube has been useful to you YTtalkers :)
Like this post, and lets spread the word around YTtalk to help people :D

Thanks, JTAphotographs [Joe]

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Nice list I saw it when I did research for our company's youtube channel. :)
cheers :) this is kinda a compilation of stuff that I've seen on the internet over my time of looking at it, figures from the news and other stuff :)

dylanmanincfanatic

If My Thought Dreams Could Be Seen...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks for the feedback :D and its definitely the future you can see it being so many people's full time jobs :O
Oh yeah, I was in line at the store the other day... Two people were talking, who hadn't seen each other in a while... Turns out they were both now doing the same thing, Video Editing =)

Technology, especially the advent of smart phones, is LITERALLY revolutionizing developing economies/countries. I've read some pretty interesting articles especially in re to India's fishing market. What once required, a small boat, and small boy to row it in off the main ship and go into the market, ascertain prices and then dicker with merchant's for a better price, then return to the main vessel; is now done in seconds with a phone... Just one example!

Namaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Created in 2007, the YouTube partner program now has 30,000+ partners from 27 countries around the world.
Damn humans love to compete lol, thinking there is so many people doing similar stuff to us lol

Reactions: JTAphotographs

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Oh yeah, I was in line at the store the other day... Two people were talking, who hadn't seen each other in a while... Turns out they were both now doing the same thing, Video Editing =)

Technology, especially the advent of smart phones, is LITERALLY revolutionizing developing economies/countries. I've read some pretty interesting articles especially in re to India's fishing market. What once required, a small boat, and small boy to row it in off the main ship and go into the market, ascertain prices and then dicker with merchant's for a better price, then return to the main vessel; is now done in seconds with a phone... Just one example!
its just incredible to think that its happening so fast :) technology just makes everything so much easier :p

dylanmanincfanatic

If My Thought Dreams Could Be Seen...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its just incredible to think that its happening so fast :) technology just makes everything so much easier :p
Totally, always mindful of the fact that it's a double-edged sword, but if it improves the human condition in the aggregate and makes the world and life less short, brutish, and nasty... Well I am for it =)

Reactions: JTAphotographs

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Totally, always mindful of the fact that it's a double-edged sword, but if it improves the human condition in the aggregate and makes the world and life less short, brutish, and nasty... Well I am for it =)
definitely. couldn't agree any more :)