YouTube Algorithm?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is there a way to be picked up by the YouTube algorithm? Like “if you get X amount of views in Y amount of time” it will more likely become recommended kind of deal? Or is it basically the more subscribers you have the better chance the algorithm will recommend you

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it depends on both your viewer retention rate and views in x amount of time. But I have also heard that youtube is trying to push more content that is friendly and PG rated.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is there a way to be picked up by the YouTube algorithm? Like “if you get X amount of views in Y amount of time” it will more likely become recommended kind of deal? Or is it basically the more subscribers you have the better chance the algorithm will recommend you
There is a philosophy that YouTube looks at 'view velocity' meaning, how many views does a video get within a day or two of being published. Obviously, a channel with a lot of subs will get a lot of views but what percentage of their subs watched?

A channel without a lot of subs might have a video take off because of a topical subject.

Mo Salah

YouTube Expert
Reaction score
Website
ytexpert.net
Channel Type
Youtuber
I created a video to let people know exactly how YouTube Algorithm works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
To be picked up by the YouTube algorithm first you need to be picked up by viewers of YouTube. Your thumbnail is hugely important to make sure that happens - don't underestimate the importance of a thumbnail that makes people want to click it.

Once plenty of people are clicking your thumbnail it is entirely up to you to make sure they keep watching as much of your video as possible.

If you can crack the above, the algorithm will reward you by putting your thumbnails in front of more and more viewers.

Easier said than done by the way...