Youtube Acknowledge Content ID Claim?

bSMPlays

Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious what happens if you press "I acknowledge the Content ID Claim." I'm doing an LP of Super Mario 3D World, and it keeps saying in certain parts that it's Copyrighted due to the music. I'm just wondering how this works, and if this affect my channel in the future in gaining a partnership?

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All it really does is stop you monitizing the video but its likely that Nintendo will stick ads on it anyway. All in all the video will be up and all you'll have done is acknowledged that they have a copyright claim on it. It can still gain views/likes etc.

Btw Nintendo are asses when it comes to uploading there content if they find anything they slap it down with the copyright hammer they make EA look nice.

cosmicpanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
it wont effect your partnership in anyway its just Nintendo don't allow people to record there stuff so they copyright it. so when you accept the claim all that happens is if you monetize it they get the money not you unless your argue your point and try and win the claim

Fudgetruck

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've also encountered channels that have had action taken against them for not accepting claims. For instance, if a video of yours is claimed, and it's not acknowledged, the company may be more likely to seek out a full copyright strike on your video. Although usually very unlikely, it has happened in the past.

SandSeven7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious what happens if you press "I acknowledge the Content ID Claim." I'm doing an LP of Super Mario 3D World, and it keeps saying in certain parts that it's Copyrighted due to the music. I'm just wondering how this works, and if this affect my channel in the future in gaining a partnership?
You won't get paid for that video basically. I do it occasionally when I want to use copyrighted music with game play. While I don't get paid for those videos, they help to improve the experience people have when visiting my channel, or at least that's what I'm trying to do.

bSMPlays

Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Later down the road though when I have a partnership I can make money on these videos correct? Even with these ccopyright claims?

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Later down the road though when I have a partnership I can make money on these videos correct? Even with these ccopyright claims?
Nah you can't unless you win the case. As long as the claim is there it will stop you from personally making money from any effected videos.

bSMPlays

Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait what then how do all the LPers make money? Like GhostRobo for example.

Change me

Reaction score
If your channel is not in good standing it will affect the channel been eligible for partnership in the future, However copyright strikes usually expire after 6 months.

PatrckStatic

Reaction score
It just means all the revenue you'd make off the video if monetized, goes straight to the company *assuming Nintendo* that issued the Content ID claim.