Would love to hear your opinions!

Hello there!

I am about to start up a YT Channel since I am about to separate from the military and would like to record my new life of freedom. I would like to make an 'About Me" video first to talk about me, my life, hobbies, and channel goals/plans.

Would this be a good start or nah? I do have a skydiving video from my time in Guam, but I'd like to edit it myself because I don't really like the companies edited version. I have recently got an Epidemic Sounds account so I won't hopefully have any issues with copyright. I also have Vegas Pro 15 Edit, which I'm hoping is a good editing program working on an Asus laptop. Wish I had a MacBook :crying:

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear your opinions :)

If this channel is about you, your life, stuff you did and are going to do, I guess there is nothing wrong with video where you introduce yourself and speak about the things you mentioned. This way viewers can start building a connection to you I guess.

Yup that’s exactly what my channel will be based on, Me, Myself, and I, sometimes featuring friends

Currently trying to script it out a bit like jot down bullet points I guess so I don’t go on muttering about nonsense

I think an introduction video would be perfect for your first video it lets your potential viewers and subscribers know exactly what you are about and what they can expect from your channel.

Hello there!

I am about to start up a YT Channel since I am about to separate from the military and would like to record my new life of freedom. I would like to make an 'About Me" video first to talk about me, my life, hobbies, and channel goals/plans.

Would this be a good start or nah? I do have a skydiving video from my time in Guam, but I'd like to edit it myself because I don't really like the companies edited version. I have recently got an Epidemic Sounds account so I won't hopefully have any issues with copyright. I also have Vegas Pro 15 Edit, which I'm hoping is a good editing program working on an Asus laptop. Wish I had a MacBook :crying:

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear your opinions :)
Put in on your channel trailer too so You never gotta constantly link it

I think an introduction video would be perfect for your first video it lets your potential viewers and subscribers know exactly what you are about and what they can expect from your channel.

Thank you! I’m currently working on it and hope to have it up soon. Just can’t decide what day I’d like to make my official upload day though. Was thinking Wednesday’s, but I also feel like that’s an odd ball lol

Put in on your channel trailer too so You never gotta constantly link it

Good catch! Definitely will make it my Channel trailer until I get some clips of my travels and I can edit in some clips of those to give a feel of what my channel will incorporate.

Thank you!

Thank you! I’m currently working on it and hope to have it up soon. Just can’t decide what day I’d like to make my official upload day though. Was thinking Wednesday’s, but I also feel like that’s an odd ball lol

Think whatever day suits you best. If you are uploading once a week then whichever day fits into your schedule.

Back