Why my uploaded video does not show up in search after typed in exactly?

Herc

Reaction score
Hello.

So I have created a new channel yesterday and uploaded my first video today. Video's name consists of 5 words. When I type in these exact 5 words, my video does not show up. It is not even in top 100 videos, with exact 5 words typed. I don't know on what place it is, because I stopped searching. When I type in exact 5 words of video title plus my channel's name, even then my video comes up as 9th in the search.

How and why can that be? Is it because my channel is new and video is new? Would it go higher in ranking if the video would receive more likes and views?
It is just weird to me that my exact 5 words of the title does not show the video in search, but different videos that have only 1 word the same in the title, or even only in the description are staying in higher position than my video.

P.S. Can two different languages in the video description affect it? I wrote video description both in English and my native language. The video also has subtitles for my native language. I actually thought that two different languages will help promote video.

Last edited:

xpdeus

Reaction score
It will show up in search results. It takes time for fresh channels to be visible. It's anti spam algo

Jkcu

Reaction score
Mate Ive had the same issues for years. Obviously its the youtube algorithm however, its probably because the words you used on your title are too common. maybe use more specific words, and try it again.

Herc

Reaction score
xpdeus, I looked up some info, it says it should take up to 36 hours, but my video is over 50 hours now. I also found another info, which says that a YouTube channel needs to have 3 videos in it for the videos to appear in search. Do you think it's correct?

jkcu, dunno, it deffinitely should appear when typed exact, maybe not first, but close enough. Thing is, there are many videos that have only 1 word from my video either in title or description, but they still appear and my video doesn't

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, welcome to YouTube algorithm. I have hundreds of vids, thousands of subs, a million views... and I still do not always rank with searching my exact titles.
I do use TubeBuddy, and it helps me get my tags, titles, and thumbnails searchable. But there is only so much you can do. The YT algorithm is insane. :coolshades:

Reactions: LandyVlad

Herc

Reaction score
I also at first made video private, just to add and correct some subtitles and after that, I made it public. Can it affect search results negatively?

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm not certain but I'd say that you can't search for videos which are private. At least that's logical that you couldn't.
But that won't make any difference to the searchability (or otherwise) once made public.