Why is my video not showing up in the search?

NeilyMusic

NeilyMusic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So I did a review of a popular song that just came out and uploaded it but am not seeing myself in the searches, even when I put my channel's name beside the search. I did my tags and description fine in my opinion. Any ideas on why it's not showing up?

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Even with a time filter? How long ago was the video?

NeilyMusic

NeilyMusic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
About 6 minutes. Nothing pertaining to my video is allowing the video to pop up.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I had something like that happen to me as well a while ago. I couldn't even find it with filters. Its in searches now tho. It's probably a youtube glitch. Annoyingly..[DOUBLEPOST=1445675032,1445659987][/DOUBLEPOST]I checked again searching "hello adele review". Its on the 2nd page of search with or without the "today" filter on.

Reactions: Squeal Cat

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I believe it sometimes takes a while for new videos to show up in the search results.

Rigzy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's just that Youtube likes to take random amounts of time with various things. Sometimes I change a thumbnail and it goes through fairly quickly and sometimes it takes over a day to update it lol. I did a search on Youtube without any filters and your vid is on the front page for me near the bottom.

Attachments

Delightfully Dumb

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had the same problem. I use loads of keywords when I post my videos, but can never find my videos after they've been posted. I even tried googling my username and only the posts I liked on Tumblr come up in the search results.

FartingOnThings

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well youtube rates your videos on watch time and retention as well I believe. If you are targeting a search that returns millions of results, it's very unlikely that your video would be near the top. That doesn't mean your video isn't there, and also it doesn't mean people won't find it. Youtube also keeps track of your watch history, watch patterns, etc, so different people from different locations will likely see different results when they search the same keywords.

For instance, I noticed that every time I upload a new video, I get an influx of views on it for about 2 days. I usually get around 30-80 views on new videos within the first 2 days. It may not seem like much, but for a small channel like mine, it's quite a bit. After those 2 days, things die down a bit. When I check the traffic sources, the biggest source is search results, and the top 2 keywords are are always "fart" and "farting." When I try searching for my video with those terms, I can't find it. Somehow people are able to find my videos through search by just typing in "fart", so I think either they go to like the 12 page of results, or it has to do with watch patterns.

rudolfmilfajt

Reaction score
If it is a music video, then it may be blocked (for copyright reasons). Please chack YouTube Studio to see, whether there won't be a red sign that the video is blocked. If it's public, then there is a green sign.