Whose up for a challenge?

Itstonybaby

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ok folks! This one is an interesting thread! I stumbled on some information that I thought was dynamite for a YouTube channel! So grab a cup of coffee, sit back and relax... this might be a long post!

One evening, I was watching some vlogs on how successful larger channels are and how they do it. I stumbled upon a video by one fellow who broke down how AIRRACK has been able to hit 1 million subs within a year.. a year of covid no less. All the strategies were great, and for the most part... fairly obvious. But there was one strategy that stood head & shoulders above the rest.

Sometime around the end of 2020, he ran a campaign just before he hit 1 million subs. I have included a link to the video here:

Now, I don't expect you to actually watch the video, but take a close look at the video description. In it you will find a website called "save Airrack" and just below that, prizes for the most "share your link to win". Without going into a great deal of detail, the idea is you went to his website, you plugged your phone number in to his database and you got a "unique" link to share with your friends. The idea was, if I sent you all my unique link, and you subscribed to his channel, I would get "points" which Airrack kept track of, and I would get the prizes listed below the webpage link. For example:

100 subscribers referred = All previous prizes + Entered to win Air Pod Pros

Now I tried entering my phone number, and I never received a text of this elusive unique subscribe link. Presumably, this was a promotion that only lasted until he hit 1M, which he has since done.

So I thought.... great idea! I would love to apply something like that to my channel. The problem is, I can find absolutely NOTHING online that discusses how to create a unique subscription share link, that I could track people who shared my subscribe to their friends. Now I know that affiliate marketers do this all the time. The product they are promoting provides them with a unique link that... when a customer clicks that link to purchase a product, the product company recognizes the unique link the customer came from and pays the affiliate marketer for advertising their product. I'm guessing this is similar to what Airrack did with this campaign, but I can't find any reference to it or any sort of mention of how one would go about doing this.

So what do you think, fellow YouTubers, anyone have any ideas, or experience with doing something similar to this? Or has anyone ever heard of someone else doing something like this? Let me know, lets see if we can find out the secret behind this great strategy!