who wishes YouTube had a replace video feature?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Vimeo has this. You can replace a video with a different version if you make a mistake but you can keep the same URL, Views, Likes and Comments. I wish YouTube had this. I just submitted it to them in their feedback section.

I uploaded a video and realized I have one tiny audio glitch. Would be nice to re upload the video fixed but not have a new URL

Reactions: MasterDF

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
They should have it, but maybe do something so people don't abuse of it, as in you know change and do a different video or something along those lines.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes I'd love it. But like said already, it would be misused from day one

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes I'd love it. But like said already, it would be misused from day one
it's never been abused on vimeo[DOUBLEPOST=1484550710,1484550695][/DOUBLEPOST]
They should have it, but maybe do something so people don't abuse of it, as in you know change and do a different video or something along those lines.
what you mean different?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
it's never been abused on vimeo[DOUBLEPOST=1484550710,1484550695][/DOUBLEPOST]

what you mean different?
As in you know, you get tons of a views on a video and decided to change it into another video, and have the video that got tons of views re-upload. I would say that you can replace the video within the week of upload.

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hope something like this isn't implemented because it would be abused to manipulate and game the system

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
As in you know, you get tons of a views on a video and decided to change it into another video, and have the video that got tons of views re-upload. I would say that you can replace the video within the week of upload.
Why would anyone replace the video with a different video? No one does that on Vimeo. They replace the video on Vimeo with an updated version like better audio or color correct. They don't replace it with another video that's not related[DOUBLEPOST=1484646178,1484632231][/DOUBLEPOST]
If that's a concern why not just have a built in YouTube feature that redirects one URL from another. Like say you select one video you upload to redirect to another. Then you couldn't abuse the system.

Like say you have url 12345 as an example. you wanted it to redirect to 12346 which was the updated version. When you searched for the video that had the link to 12345 it would then link to 12346. Then if someone tried redirecting a cooking video to a game video people would know you did something sneaky haha

Reactions: Shendijiro

joe @ ewClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmm... sure, I hope they will add this feature. But I think it's impossible because if they allow, people can just upload any hot video to gain great ranking, then replace with their own video :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's certainly a nice idea in principle! I know I've certainly wanted to make some post-edit tweaks here and there.
But yeah, there are always gonna be those buttheads who will try and screw around with the system.
If YouTube can find a way around that, then maybe there's hope.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's good in theory, I know i've posted videos and had them up for a while and gone back and realised I'd made a huge mistake in part of it, made the bg music too loud ect and I wish I could just edit it..
I do wish they would let me use the youtube editing feature and upload the video with the same URL/likes/comments ect rather than uploading a new video to replace it with, if that makes sense.