Who Inspired You to Create Your YouTube Channel?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Who or what inspired you to create your channel? It can be anybody or anything. A another YouTuber, Traditional celebrity, family, friends, or a specific video. It can even be something like an overall feeling in your life.

So what or who inspired you to create your channel, and why did it inspire you?

For me I've been on YouTube since 2007, creating skateboarding videos when I was in high school, and when I got into filmmaking and then eventually wen't to film school, I realized something was missing. Making films was a much more slow process and it's wrapped up in business and and a bit of politics. And I missed being able to just shoot something myself and edit it. Pure creation. And I've always liked entertaining, but was terrified of starting a channel based around me because of how I looked lmao.
Then just watching other content creators like William Haynes, inspired me to just try it. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Last edited:

Supertramp

Reaction score
Good old Creatures back in the day, now they're all split, drama, s**t content, but they was my inspiration, always wanted to be them for games, a group like that would be my life. If I ever vlogged, RomanAtwood, his family, his life, his happiness, that's my goals. One can only put effort in though

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Everyone who made crappy tech reviews or hacking videos. I wanted to put out a better product.

Reactions: JV Trammell

Dgamewiz

Gaming Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Too many to count, Mainly Cry and the late night crew though. Love those guys

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Benjamin Cook's amazing "Becoming YouTube" series. Although I think a bit differently about the guy now, ever since he said that being, and staying, a small YouTuber means your content is s**t.

Reactions: Nedko Chulev

Supertramp

Reaction score
Benjamin Cook's amazing "Becoming YouTube" series. Although I think a bit differently about the guy now, ever since he said that being, and staying, a small YouTuber means your content is s**t.
It's all in the eyes of the viewer, if you like your content, then it's the best content you've ever heard of, the fact you're making videos and putting time into it, then to me, it doesn't matter how big or small your channel is

Reactions: Sabrina

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

Who or what inspired you to create your channel? It can be anybody or anything. A another YouTuber, Traditional celebrity, family, friends, or a specific video. It can even be something like an overall feeling in your life.

So what or who inspired you to create your channel, and why did it inspire you?

For me I've been on YouTube since 2007, creating skateboarding videos when I was in high school, and when I got into filmmaking and then eventually wen't to film school, I realized something was missing. Making films was a much more slow process and it's wrapped up in business and and a bit of politics. And I missed being able to just shoot something myself and edit it. Pure creation. And I've always liked entertaining, but was terrified of starting a channel based around me because of how I looked lmao.
Then just watching other content creators like William Haynes, inspired me to just try it. One of the best decisions ever.
I think Jenna Marbles & Grav3yardgirl motivated me the most. I loved their quirkiness, their acceptance and overal community gave me inspiration to start my own.

Reactions: JV Trammell

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I looked at some people who have very big channel with poor videos or content that was easy to make, and I was like 'Hey I can do this!'

Reactions: Olivea-Sea

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I looked at some people who have very big channel with poor videos or content that was easy to make, and I was like 'Hey I can do this!'
You know we all can and sometimes look intimidating but hey when you figure out how it all works you're going to be amazed about how anyone who puts in the effort can do anything!

Reactions: Hazzador

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know we all can and sometimes look intimidating but hey when you figure out how it all works you're going to be amazed about how anyone who puts in the effort can do anything!
That's the amazing thing about youtube... We can all make it :D

Reactions: Olivea-Sea