Which social media should I use to promote my video's

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys

I heard reddit and Twitter are some good platforms to promote my channel.

I'm planning on making an Instagram account for my YouTube channel.

And also which groups or hashtags are good for promoting my channel?

Edit: I've already shared my channel to friends on Facebook, so that should bring some traffic. And my first video's received traffic from instagram, but those were for video's that weren't related for gaming. My Instagram followers are not suited for my channel, so that's why I don't promote my video's on my profile anymore

Last edited:

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, there is no way of fully telling which social media is better for the job
Its mainly all about the current trends for social media.
Reddit seems to be the place to be as of right now so may as well try there.
But i believe that youll have a better chance of getting more subscribers/viewers by posting on the social media that you currently like the most.
It will motivate you to become better on that site compared to a site that you dont understand or are new too.

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i've been using facebook and reddit, reddit sure helps a lot. but i can't grow up my facebook too.
but you should use reddit and twitter, it should work fine

Reactions: TGP-ROB

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Honestly, I'm too nervous to use Reddit so I've just been using YTTalk and Twitter as of late (I used to use Instagram but people I used to be in school with somehow found it so I deleted it because I'm very shy about people I graduated with finding my channel)! I mostly get people from YTTalk to check out my stuff, which is really nice because I'll typically get feedback to which is always needed, and on Twitter I just use it to communicate with subscribers and stuff which is also nice! But yeah, totally use Twitter for your channel! It really helps you connect with other youtubers too!

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thanks for the advice. I'll start a Facebook page and an Instagram account and once I've grown a bit more, I'll do Twitter as a way to stay in contact with my subs. But first, I'll be improving my channel based on the criticism. I've recently received some critique in one of my comment sections which will really help my channel

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
The only thing I can say is that i've been using instagram as long as i've had my channel and I have more followers on my instagram than I do on my youtube channel..equally I recently started using twitter expecting the floodgates to open and got absolutely nothing so far out of it (Even though admittedly it is early days) I think it's whatever platform lets you reach your niche the best ultimately...I review bad films so I well timed funny photo can often win me more views than a line of text advertising the review ever could...it's horses for courses really :)