Which is the better option?

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,

I'm editing one of my videos, but I feel a bit like I'm in a crummy spot either way. I either can go with a video that has some information, that isn't vital and is making my video longer than I'd like (like over 16 minutes). Or, I can go with the video where I remove that stuff but it seems extremely choppy. Is there one that is better to go with or should I just go off of personal preference? Personally I like the longer one because even though it's still choppier than I would like, it feels a lot cleaner to me than the second option. Also, it seems like a safer bet because even if viewers don't watch long I might get more watch time than if I post the choppier video. I'd appreciate your guys opinions on this. Thanks!

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'd go with whatever you personally feel is best which sounds like the longer option. For tiny channels like ours, it's all about creating content and becoming more comfortable with the process. I agree with you that a choppy, confusing video is worse than a video that's perhaps too long.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your input Seth! You make a good point about becoming more comfortable with the process and since I'm not focusing so much on getting subscribers at this point anyways, I would rather put out something I'm more proud even if it is longer.