Where to find background music?

veed99

Reaction score
Hey all,

Where do you find background music for your vlogs? Is it worth it to pay money for any of the services out there?

Are there are websites or apps out there where you can create your own background music?

Thanks
Dave

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
my friends use to make music for my channels.
now I mainly use music from HeatleyBros. Though it's not a wide variety, but if you like it, it sounds good.
Also he allows free use of his music on YT with credits. (#ImNotALawyer)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
be careful of sites offering royalty free music. its not always!! If you want zero hassle use the tracks from youtube creator studio only. They can never be challenged that way and youtube will always have your back presumably. There is some good stuff in their library and it get updated often too.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube audio library is the best place to get free royaltiy free music. You can’t trust other sites you never know if it’s really royalty free. Or you could make your own music using garage band. You can also buy licenses to have rights to music

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haven't use YouTube music library in a while... But I personally have had claims on videos using music from the music library...

veed99

Reaction score
Interesting...all sound like decent options.

Is there any way to change the speed or tempo or length of song for b-ground music? For example, if I only want a certain part of a song, to cut and tweak an existing song? Garageband seems complicated for music editing if you don't understand music. What do you all think?

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For most of my background music I use NoCopyrightSounds (NCS) or Bassrebels, that said most of their music is house/edm/trap, which isn't always suitable for what I want, so sometimes I have to search for royalty free music in a particular genre that I need to go with the feel of the video I am trying to create. I also find it helps to befriend small time music producers on Twitter or other platforms, if you're lucky you can get the use of one of their tracks in a video, you're putting their music out there in your video, and they will probably RT/share the video getting more views for you :)

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my boy kevin macleod has your back and has made basically every single song you’ve ever heard from background music if you wanna go the standard route. if you go through his stuff you will be amazed at how much of his music you’ll recognize, all royalty free!

seconding no copyright sounds has some pretty dope music too and they only ask for bio credit which im more than happy to give and i think most people feel the same!

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
On a budget, the free youtube music library is excellent. I did breakdown recently and joined EpidemicSound and the selection is phenomenal. It is another monthly subscription to deal with but I am hoping it pays off long term. One of the reasons why I joined a subscription service is to avoid using the same tracks other people are using.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

TubeBuddy Easy to use and install.