Where/How to Promote Travel Vlogs

Life of Brendan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello, my name is Brendan and I'm an Officer in the US Army. I started a Youtube channel to document my time in the Army but am currently on a trip to Iceland and decided to do some travel vlogging. Since this is kind of a new area for me I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about how/where to promote a travel vlog

Reactions: Sergio Llebaria

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have used Reddit a lot, posting on the subreddit it will suit best, as for example your Iceland video, you could post that in the Iceland subreddit and/or travel subreddit, amongst other related subreddits!

It´s always nice to meet other traveler by the way! Welcome to the forums!

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've been promoting my travel stuff on a travel blog site, but that's only because I have a travel blog as well. So that's one option if you can also write. Another method I've tried is sharing on my Facebook page and tagging the location in question. No clue if I've gotten any real views from there, but at least those posts get more impressions than untagged ones.

Edit: Forgot one. If you also take photos, Instagram could work too. Make a teaser video with a link to a full video or share some cool photo.

Life of Brendan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have used Reddit a lot, posting on the subreddit it will suit best, as for example your Iceland video, you could post that in the Iceland subreddit and/or travel subreddit, amongst other related subreddits!

It´s always nice to meet other traveler by the way! Welcome to the forums!
Thanks, I did think of the travel thread but didn't think of the Iceland thread. And it's nice to meet you too, Unfortunately, I'm not as much of a traveler as I wish I was[DOUBLEPOST=1492122608,1492122218][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've been promoting my travel stuff on a travel blog site, but that's only because I have a travel blog as well. So that's one option if you can also write. Another method I've tried is sharing on my Facebook page and tagging the location in question. No clue if I've gotten any real views from there, but at least those posts get more impressions than untagged ones.

Edit: Forgot one. If you also take photos, Instagram could work too. Make a teaser video with a link to a full video or share some cool photo.
Unfortunately, I'm not a big writer (although maybe I should start trying it more) but I did start an Instagram for my channel awhile ago. I just find it really hard to be consistent. Nonetheless, I posted a picture of the trip and it does seem to be getting good feedback already so thanks for the tip

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks, I did think of the travel thread but didn't think of the Iceland thread. And it's nice to meet you too, Unfortunately, I'm not as much of a traveler as I wish I was[DOUBLEPOST=1492122608,1492122218][/DOUBLEPOST]

Unfortunately, I'm not a big writer (although maybe I should start trying it more) but I did start an Instagram for my channel awhile ago. I just find it really hard to be consistent. Nonetheless, I posted a picture of the trip and it does seem to be getting good feedback already so thanks for the tip
For Facebook you don't actually have to be a good writer. You just share a link to the video and in the description write something like "Iceland is so cool, check out my travel vlog where I visit this cool geyser". Then, just replace "Iceland" with @Iceland and pic the one for the country from the suggested list. And make sure the post is public. For a privacy conscious person be easier if you have/create a Facebook page for your Youtube so people don't actually see the post straight from you.

You can also tag a lot of other things there too, like @YOUTUBE, individual locations, resorts etc. I recently had a photo I shared on my Facebook page shared by the hotel on the hotel page as well when I tagged the hotel in the post I made.

Reactions: Audrone

Life of Brendan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For Facebook you don't actually have to be a good writer. You just share a link to the video and in the description write something like "Iceland is so cool, check out my travel vlog where I visit this cool geyser". Then, just replace "Iceland" with @Iceland and pic the one for the country from the suggested list. And make sure the post is public. For a privacy conscious person be easier if you have/create a Facebook page for your Youtube so people don't actually see the post straight from you.

You can also tag a lot of other things there too, like @YOUTUBE, individual locations, resorts etc. I recently had a photo I shared on my Facebook page shared by the hotel on the hotel page as well when I tagged the hotel in the post I made.
I don't think I'd want to put it on my page for privacy reasons but making a page for my channel might not be a bad idea. It probably wouldn't help so much with my normal videos but could be a thing I use when I get to travel

Life of Brendan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I post my travel videos on Reddit, and also look for google + groups.
If you don't mind me asking what threads do you use on reddit? I've used the /r/travel, /r/videos and /r/travelblog threads. And I've never heard of google+ groups, are they really that helpful

Sergio Llebaria

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, my name is Brendan and I'm an Officer in the US Army. I started a Youtube channel to document my time in the Army but am currently on a trip to Iceland and decided to do some travel vlogging. Since this is kind of a new area for me I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about how/where to promote a travel vlog
Hi Brendan, my name is Sergio, and i recently did a kind of travel video of my summer. My advice is that you should spend a lot of time watching travel videos so as to get new ideas for your spots and stuff. Thats what i did and i am very happy with the results