Where do your views come from and where should we focus?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm wondering what the best (if there is a best) source for views is - Youtube search, browse, or suggested videos.
I am seeing that I get 2x more views/ & watch time from suggested videos than I do from search or browse - not sure if this is a good thing or not.
Do most channels get the majority of views from search? Ie; should I expect way more views if I continue to focus on SEO/Tags/etc?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
should I expect way more views if I continue to focus on SEO/Tags/etc?
I´m not quite sure but I have just started to focus and the SEO part. It takes a lot of time (watching tutorials and so on) but I think it is time well spent.

There is a LOT of things to learn here if you allow yourself the time to do it, and I found out that it actually can be pretty interesting too:)

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm getting more views from suggested videos and about equal watch time from search and suggested videos. I think having decent titles, tags, thumbnails, etc... can help both for ranking in search and appearing in suggested videos. So, I would recommend working on the titles, tags and stuff, that'll help you get views from both search and suggested videos.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you are a new channel, it will take a bit of time before search becomes your primary driver of traffic. There is nothing wrong with Browse Features and Suggested at all.

In fact, Browse Features could signify that your better videos are being promoted by YouTube on mobile. That's dope if it's the case.

Check the "Traffic Sources" for "Search" in your analytics to see where traffic is coming from...then hit those themes hard with new videos to boost your searchability in the short term.

BROWNSinTOWN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think focusing on tags, title and thumbnail helps alot