Where do you get your copyright-free music?

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Q re the YT music library.
How does that work - does it have to be applied once uploaded or do you download the clips and cut thme in while video editing (as you normally would do with music tracks) ?
I just download the ones I want from the YT Studio. I keep them in a YT folder so I remember which are YT. Then just add them in when I edit the vid. I use some SoundCloud stuff, and have so far had no problems... but who knows... Ikson has a lot of good LoFi Hip Hop on Sound Cloud, and says it is free to use. But for lack of potential headache I just download from YT and use theirs.

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Be careful. That may fool the detection algorithm but that doesn't necessarily mean it's legal.
It's not exactly illegal either. If anything, you just lose ad revenue. Besides, according to YT itself songs don't get copyrighted if they have been creatively altered. That way mashup artists can still make ad money on their videos.

Reactions: LandyVlad

everrisk

Reaction score
Hey, not sure if it's been mentioned but YouTube actually has their own library of audio free to use. There are a lot of options to choose from.