When people watch your videos but don't like or comment

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I always like and comment on peoples videos who I watch on this forum that I'm subbed to. It seems harsh that ppl don't do the same because we're all trying to grow and a like and a comment goes a long way. Especially when they add up. Maybe if we had a united front, ppl would stop using desperate sites like "fireviews."

Thoughts?

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always like and comment on peoples videos who I watch on this forum that I'm subbed to. It seems harsh that ppl don't do the same because we're all trying to grow and a like and a comment goes a long way. Especially when they add up. Maybe if we had a united front, ppl would stop using desperate sites like "fireviews."

Thoughts?
haha yea man i hear ya, i can understand why some people wouldn't if they don't like the video or it just slipped there mind...in my case my videos aren't everyone's cup of tea so i lack the likes that some channels get, im cool with that tho! but in your case you have great videos so people should be liking you left right and center! especially over here i mean we are all here to help one another out! but just keep Advertizing/posting/sharing..sometimes people just need an extra reminder!

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
haha yea man i hear ya, i can understand why some people wouldn't if they don't like the video or it just slipped there mind...in my case my videos aren't everyone's cup of tea so i lack the likes that some channels get, im cool with that tho! but in your case you have great videos so people should be liking you left right and center! especially over here i mean we are all here to help one another out! but just keep Advertizing/posting/sharing..sometimes people just need an extra reminder!
cheers! Don't worry, u always get a 'like' from me. Loving your goku worship haha.

Reactions: Vicboss

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
cheers! Don't worry, u always get a 'like' from me. Loving your goku worship haha.
haha same here tho i may not always comment! but when i see you got a vid up you get a like from me! and goku is like my all time favorite video!! hahaha infact our final commentary on june 9th is a Dragonball z inspired video and im gonna push that video! it's already on youtube on a different channel with 3000 plus views lets see if we can do better :p

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I only really started getting into liking and commenting on videos after I started doing YouTube seriously. I didn't recognize the importance then lol.

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I only really started getting into liking and commenting on videos after I started doing YouTube seriously. I didn't recognize the importance then lol.
also a lot of the time, ppl don't comment just because they know the person won't reply back. Hence why I never comment on rwj or jenna marbles videos.

Reactions: Vicboss

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The last 3 videos I posted did well in comments, since two went viral-ish, and the third was for YTTalk, so of course a ton of people commented. I've also seen some trolling flame wars break out in other comment sections. I don't normally see people leave relevant comments on my videos though. I think these people excpect you to watch them, because they believe they're so incredibly amazing, as opposed to you or I. So many people come here, expecting a few new subscribers, and never expect any commitment.

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The last 3 videos I posted did well in comments, since two went viral-ish, and the third was for YTTalk, so of course a ton of people commented. I've also seen some trolling flame wars break out in other comment sections. I don't normally see people leave relevant comments on my videos though. I think these people excpect you to watch them, because they believe they're so incredibly amazing, as opposed to you or I. So many people come here, expecting a few new subscribers, and never expect any commitment.
Yeah, but that all comes with starting out. I was like that as well. When people left comments, I would inbox them to sub. Had like a 10% success rate haha. Once I hit over 100 subs, I got less desperate and just focused on making better vids. The world of youtube is crazy at times. Thank god, we got a head start, feel sorry for the suckers who try and make it big on youtube next year.

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
When I first started using this forum I dutifully liked/watched everyones video but very few people reciprocate so I am more picky now and actually like those I truly like and comment when I have something to say. At the end of it all if you watch the speed at people do post videos one can see how its not possible to keep up. I just saw one guy post like 20 videos in the promo section. I dont now that kinda made me watch none even if one was totally awesome he just bumped everyone elses video off the front page. I would not worry about it. I think in the end its better to get truly interested parties then just people who are mindlessly liking and watching in hopes that you will reciprocate. I learned early on that this is mostly a forum for vloggers. If you do anything else you probably wont get noticed :). At the end of the day most of my views come from outside this forum. I am in a niche though so I can't really expect anything though. I make cgi movies and do tutorials on things that make people go "huh?" so lol I am not surprised no one sees much in them. On the other hand in other circles i am known and whatnot. For me though I think I mostly came to make friends lol. I dont even know what to do with all the yt cash i get ^^

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I learned early on that this is mostly a forum for vloggers. If you do anything else you probably wont get noticed :)
Well, I don't think it's just YTtalk but really YouTube in general. I remember back around 2008 it seemed everyone was a YouTube musician and now recently it's shifted to vloggers.