What type of mic should I use?

mastorus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I make gaming videos with commentary (Which aren't very good, but I'll improve eventually) and I use a decent headset, but I was wondering if I should switch to a normal microphone. I'm not taking mic quality to a count, just wihch one would be better in general.

And I'm not talking about which product I should get, I'm talking about what type. Like, which type would be better to use. As in headset mic vs normal mic. (I already have a headset)

Last edited:

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you mean which mic should you get? Because i have the AUDIO Technica AT2020 which is amazing, but i have also heard very good things about the blue Yetti

TheKirkyLife

The Real James T. Kirk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Professional microphone every time unless you want to spend hundreds of your currency on a fancy headset.

Kerpleston

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use a different kind of microphone than most people. Its a good microphone but its also just a stage microphone. Its a Ultravoice Behringer XM8500
Its a good enough microphone and it will get you there until you have the money to get a high class proffesional microphone. Its only 30 dollars but if you have amazon prime you can get it for 20. I havent checked any other websites but amazon seems pretty cheap. just search it on amazon and you should be able to find it. I couldn't post a link sorry.

Hope this helped =)

slipkorn20

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love dynamic microphones, Samosn Q7 or Q2U, no background noise at all.