What Type of game do i play to start my channel?

Psionics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hello i am starting my youtube channel just wondering what games i should play to start my channel ive read i shouldnt do popular games cause my videos will be hard to find, but i find if i play a game for example hitman which was released last year no one seems to find the video aswell? any suggestions on what types of games to play?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Try something popular to latch on to a bigger video in the search engine

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hello i am starting my youtube channel just wondering what games i should play to start my channel ive read i shouldnt do popular games cause my videos will be hard to find, but i find if i play a game for example hitman which was released last year no one seems to find the video aswell? any suggestions on what types of games to play?
Play popular/trending games, however, you will need to make content around a highly searched-low competition niche for that game, for your channel to be able to rank and gain attention. Aim for low-hanging fruit.

Last edited:

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends if the video is about the gameplay. If you are speaking about something else don't worry about the gameplay in the background as its not the main focus of the video

NoFugs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would suggest popular games for the start. I know when i'm looking up a new game I just click on anything lol.

datguyonYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Play games as they're released because people will actually search for that game and there's chances they'll end in you video (it has happen to me).
That's the legit and "honest" way... now if you want to cheat you can try filling your description with names of more popular videos, YouTube channels and links to big YouTubers videos; that will boost your views. You can also try playing clickbaity games like p**n or something like that (don't judge me for giving the advice is not my fault it works)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Video Ideas / Planning forum. ^^

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Popular Games are the way to go but you can always do something on Sport games which never get old